Help me pick a new scope.

Look at NF SHV 3-18 ffp mrad illuminated reticle. Goes for around $1200. Nice glass, 30mm tube and 50mm objective. Good eye relief. The razor hd gen 2 is my favorite but heavy and the 4.5-27 is around $2k.
Daryl

I'm looking for variable power, first focal plain scope with a top end of 20x to 25x. It's going to go on a X-bolt in 25-06. The rifle is used for hunting deer and coyotes, as far as my ability allows. This is my favorite rifle to shoot so it sees target use also. It will be used along side a sig Kilo 2400ABS.
I want good repeatability in the adjustments. I'm trying to stay around $1000 mark. I've been looking at the Burris Veracity line and the Vortex Viper line but I'm completely open to your suggestions on your favorite. Don't forget to tell me why they're your favorite as I have limited experience buying this kind of optics and I have lots to learn.
I had a veracity, 4-20x50. Glass seemed pretty good at first but when I pointed it towards my 500yd white steel plate it seemed to glare really bad. None of my other Scopes do that. I didn't even shoot with it. I have a two Nikon fx1000s 6-24x50. I also have a 4.5-29x56 Cronus. The cronus is great, I have nothing bad to say about it. There's alot of value in that scope compared to others in the same feature category. I really like the FX1000s for the price. I have nothing bad to say about them. They track well, have good glass, and not to heavy. I would say they are head to head with a viper PST glass wise, and can be found new sometimes for around $730.

athlon etr 4.5-30. Reticle very usable even at 6 power. Tracks great. Glass is great. Midway has them for 10% off with free shipping. Threw Father's Day.

The veracity is a good scope.
I still prefer my vx3-lrp over my veracity.
Another good option is the new ffp sightron stac 4-20 with zero stop. Leaves some cash in your pocket, and I've dialed my stac 64moa with repeateable and accurate tracking

Don't be afraid to look at used scopes on forums like these. Just look for seller feedback and reputable members. I would be looking for a vx5hd in gently loved shape or a new Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 direct from Vortex if you are a veteran. You would be surprised what their veteran discount is. But check on wait times, for some scopes are longer than others from Vortex. Just stay away from their cheaper lines. I also have good experiences with a Tract Toric 3x15x50. Good glass and also has a nice military discount.

I'm looking for variable power, first focal plain scope with a top end of 20x to 25x. It's going to go on a X-bolt in 25-06. The rifle is used for hunting deer and coyotes, as far as my ability allows. This is my favorite rifle to shoot so it sees target use also. It will be used along side a sig Kilo 2400ABS.
I want good repeatability in the adjustments. I'm trying to stay around $1000 mark. I've been looking at the Burris Veracity line and the Vortex Viper line but I'm completely open to your suggestions on your favorite. Don't forget to tell me why they're your favorite as I have limited experience buying this kind of optics and I have lots to learn.
Take a look at HAWKE scopes. 1/2 price of Burris and Vortex same options. I own a few of all and am Happy as heck with the new Hawke I put on my new 6.5 creed. 1000.00 savings 8x 32 power,

Thank for your input on the Veracity. I too love leupolds and own a few. I just don't know if I will find a leupold with the features I want and still be in my price range.
What features do you want? Your post is a bit vague other than magnification, repeatability and $1000. Do you want ffp, sfp, turrets, illumination...

What features do you want? Your post is a bit vague other than magnification, repeatability and $1000. Do you want ffp, sfp, turrets, illumination...

I did specify FFP, I'm not too attached to illumination but it's a nice feature if it's there. I'm ok with either turrets in mils or turrets in moa but I'd prefer mils.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.