Help me pick a scope

omt223

I am between the following
-Burris XTR II 3-18x50 (really liked but a lot of people seem to talk bad about them)
-Vortex viper gen II similar magnification
If the above, I would spend the difference on an annealer and maybe tripod

-Eotech Vudu and no annealer or tripod
---but is it really worth 2x the money?

Some good PST Gen II deals.

I am between the following
-Burris XTR II 3-18x50 (really liked but a lot of people seem to talk bad about them)
-Vortex viper gen II similar magnification
If the above, I would spend the difference on an annealer and maybe tripod

-Eotech Vudu and no annealer or tripod
---but is it really worth 2x the money?
Have you considered the Crimson Trace Hardline scopes?

My $.02 on a scope. If you are buying a scope for your best hunting rig, or a gun you want to be able to shoot at any time of legal light, save your money, and then save some more and buy the very best you can afford. I have wasted lots of money on lower quality scopes in my youth that I can no longer use as my vision is failing. If you ahve great eyes or this is not your primo gun, different story. I stepped up to the NF ACTAR for all my hunting guns and I am very pleased with them. I have a pile of old scopes just collectin dust.

My $.02 on a scope. If you are buying a scope for your best hunting rig, or a gun you want to be able to shoot at any time of legal light, save your money, and then save some more and buy the very best you can afford. I have wasted lots of money on lower quality scopes in my youth that I can no longer use as my vision is failing. If you ahve great eyes or this is not your primo gun, different story. I stepped up to the NF ACTAR for all my hunting guns and I am very pleased with them. I have a pile of old scopes just collectin dust.
It's a sig cross; I'll probably hunt with it at some point but I'm in medical school so it won't be soon to say the least. More of a mid range fun rifle

We is Camera Land Sport Optics a long time supporting vendor here.
We are looking to get this offer good to go in the next week all goes well. Stay tuned for more details
Sorry if it came off as rude; I bought a sightron last time they were on sale.
I'll say tuned

glass is decent, turrets are a little mushy. Reticle is exxentially useless at low power, way too fine.
All that being said, I think they're ok.
The mid tier (5) I think is better than the higher tier just because of the reduced field of view

VX5HD or VX6HD.

The glass is the same and easily gets these 58 year old eye past the 30 minute bf/after cutoff at 200yds. I also recommend the Meopta Optika6 for a lot less money and virtually the same performance.