Help designing long range build (30 cal mag)

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I need to get looking for the right barrel now.
Lilja could be your best bet? I talked with them yesterday and the sun is getting brighter! The only thing is someone else needs too chamber and thread it.

If we are talking competition grade barrels here, I cannot put a better word in for Bartlein, Brux or Hart (for button rifled barrels).
I run Bartlein and Brux now, used to run Hart and a custom Australian maker.
My Bartlein 6.5x47 Lapua 1:8" twist barrel is an absolute tack driver. Will be getting another in 7.5" twist next year.

Cheers.

going from the 300 RUM to the 300 PRC is not taking a step backwards ... it's falling straight back into a full rent-a-can .....

there's so much sh.. hype about that thing it's not a laughing matter anymore, and seriously .... all gun guys need to stay away from anything Hornady

going from the 300 RUM to the 300 PRC is not taking a step backwards ... it's falling straight back into a full rent-a-can .....

there's so much sh.. hype about that thing it's not a laughing matter anymore, and seriously .... all gun guys need to stay away from anything Hornady
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never should've bought into 6.5 creedless! I love my 26cals, but 260rem has been better.

I finally found some 300 rum ammo so I'll get to shoot it after the new year. I'm pretty sure it will kick a lot with the sporter weight barrel more than anything else I expect a heavy barrel contour would tame the rifle down and make it more fun.

I finally found some 300 rum ammo so I'll get to shoot it after the new year. I'm pretty sure it will kick a lot with the sporter weight barrel more than anything else I expect a heavy barrel contour would tame the rifle down and make it more fun.
If it's 180 grain ammunition, not as bad as you would think. I had the BDL Stainless and it was quite comfortable to carry & shoot.