Help choosing lightweight stock...

wilkup

I am notoriously an impatient person, just to get that out of the way from the start.

I am looking for a lightweight hunting stock that will fit a Krieger #3 contour. I also need it to provide enough height for me to use a x50mm objective and still get a solid check weld.

Now the kicker, I don't want to wait 6 months to receive it but I don't have a custom action based on the traditional 700 foot print. My action is basically a match grade version of the Sako 85.

Are there any companies I could be looking at besides McMillan and Manners?
I'd like the stock to weigh in no more than 25 oz.
I'm not interested in a Bell & Carlson.

Called and spoke with Wayne about their stocks and couldn't have been more impressed!

3 month wait and they custom fit and bed your barreled action to the stock of your choosing. I will most likely be ordering the High Comb Sporter, a modified Weatherby stock. He said it should finish right around 20 oz!

Any other stock options besides this guy's?

Just out of curiosity, what do you not like about the Bell and Carson stocks?

Truthfully, it's a really small gripe. I have owned a couple B&C Medalists and the grip was so small for my hands. I could never get a full grip on the stock cuz of how short it was. It held up fine. Wasn't too heavy. The grip just bothered me.
I figure with all the money I'm spending on everything else for this rifle, I may as well get a stock I love too.

Actually no. The Manners and McMillan are heads and tails above the rest in light stocks.

You might try MPI in Portland, Oregon. They made an accommodation for me along the lines your are requiring. It is the lightest stock them make with the addition of a sorta Weatherby cheek piece. It weighs 24 ounces with a 1.26" Hastings Micro-Cell recoil pad and sling swivels.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.