Help choosing Christensen Arms & cal

223dude

I need help picking out a Christensen Arms gun, and cal.
I will be Elk hunting Colorado above 10k
Range up to 1000 yrds.
in in 34 good shape. but tired of hulling
my 12lb custom 300wm up the hills.

was looking at Christensen Arms Classic in 7MM.
thinking of topping it with Vx6 hd.

any thoughts??

Broz has a thread about the 30 nosler vs 300win mag you may want to check out. He also has reviews on YouTube and his own site about the Christensen barrel and lone peak titanium action.

Broz has a thread about the 30 nosler vs 300win mag you may want to check out. He also has reviews on YouTube and his own site about the Christensen barrel and lone peak titanium action.

+1

He (Broz) has also reviewed a pile of Christensen rifles so he knows the nuances with the different flavors. I know some will say the 7mm is good for elk at 1000, but I..myself, would opt for a 30cal.

Not sure if it's kosher to say his website, but it's long range only .com if you need to find him...he chimes in here as well..

Every 300 RUM CA I know of shoots lights out.

I am a xx-Nosler fan so 30-Nosler or 33-Nosler with the BC edge going to 30-Nosler.

However, 33-Nosler with Berger Hybrid Hunters has the "magic numbers" of +1600fps and +1600#lb of power at 1000 yards. The 30-Nosler would be more like +1750fps and -1350#lb of power at 1000 yards. The 33 will have 215" (20.6 moa) of drop and the 30 would have 208" (20 moa)

The xx-Noslers will probably fit in the magazine with the bullets loaded long. The RUM, not so much.

so

IIWM: Classic or Ridgeline depending on how you like your stocks. I'm also a Weatherby guy so I'd go Classic.

33-Nosler
26"
Titanium brake

I need help picking out a Christensen Arms gun, and cal.
I will be Elk hunting Colorado above 10k
Range up to 1000 yrds.
in in 34 good shape. but tired of hulling
my 12lb custom 300wm up the hills.

was looking at Christensen Arms Classic in 7MM.
thinking of topping it with Vx6 hd.

any thoughts??

I shoot the ridgeline in 7rem mag and it shoots amazing with 162 eldx handloads. I'm getting 3130fps with Rl 26 and it will shoots half MOA at 200 yard and I shoot consistent 0.6 MOA out to 934 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.