Heaviest, highest bc 30cal bullet

212 gr eldx ain't bad with a .334 g7

Attachments

• E209FF75-2F4D-427F-93BE-9027FA4D5279.jpeg
    E209FF75-2F4D-427F-93BE-9027FA4D5279.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 134
212 gr eldx ain't bad with a .334 g7
i use those in my 300wby, but after trying the 208 and having it destabilize wasn't sure if it's worth the bother, but maybe with the enlarged tip it would remain stable. Has an awfully long nose on it though.
I use a g7 of .326 on it in my wby

i use those in my 300wby, but after trying the 208 and having it destabilize wasn't sure if it's worth the bother, but maybe with the enlarged tip it would remain stable. Has an awfully long nose on it though.
I use a g7 of .326 on it in my wby
I've had great success loading for a .300 win mag.
Honestly though, I wish hornady made precision hunter factory ammo in 212gr vs the .200 gr but I digress

I've had great success loading for a .300 win mag.
Honestly though, I wish hornady made precision hunter factory ammo in 212gr vs the .200 gr but I digress
they worked well in my wby also, but I helped my cousin build a load for his wm and the 212 and I couldn't get it below 2moa.

What about the Berger 185 juggernaut?? It's transonic stable, I have shot it out to 1,500 yards to verify that. I shoot it at 2,665 from my 24" rig and 2,544 from my 18" rifle. I've taken seven hogs with my 18" rifle fwiw
Do you know what the difference between the juggernaught and the long range bt is? Or are they basically the same? Berger hasn't emailed me back yet, lol

I shot them to 300yds so far. This was at my local range. Typically I have a negative da around -2200 when I shoot. Today 20 degree dew point 30.12baro 24 degrees @15' above sea level. This comes in @ -2500 I try to do this before leaving for the range to put in my book. Here is a link to calculate it for yourself
https://www.weather.gov/epz/wxcalc_densityaltitude

Thanks, definitely worth a try then I'm at 2500altitude so it'll be worth experimenting with

Thanks, definitely worth a try then I'm at 2500altitude so it'll be worth experimenting with
Use the link and figure out your DA and build your load map off of that. Makes it easier in the long run. Especially when you are starting in conditions no way near the given standard. If you travel you will already have data to calculate from vs shooting from your phone app and needing to true everything up again.
Best of luck. If they don't work(doubtful) the D46 and the Jugs will. In a 308 cfe or MR2000 will get them over 2700 in just about anything

Use the link and figure out your DA and build your load map off of that. Makes it easier in the long run. Especially when you are starting in conditions no way near the given standard. If you travel you will already have data to calculate from vs shooting from your phone app and needing to true everything up again.
Best of luck. If they don't work(doubtful) the D46 and the Jugs will. In a 308 cfe or MR2000 will get them over 2700 in just about anything
Thanks for the info.
I'm usually around 3500 DA or higher according to my kestrel, in the cold of winter it'll get down to -1500 to -2000DA, but I'll be using them during the summer at matches so they should work out.

Berger is supposed to be coming out with a 240gr .30 caliber bullet. They have a 230 OTM, and it's about the biggest and baddest currently on the market, that I'm aware of.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.