Heaviest, highest bc 30cal bullet

I think Very well, I managed to put the last 3 of a 5 shot group on an 18" plate, using 16" of the plate, lol, so under 1.5-1 moa of vertical. This was with federal brass on its 8th firing.
My misses were right in line with plate, just missed the wind call.

Since stretching past 1100 yards I've found I need to take a lot more wind. There was a steady breeze around 5mph, 3:00, I needed 9 Moa and once I got to the plate should've been taking 9.25-9.5moa to stay on the plate.
I'm thinking it's a combination of the drastic arc putting the bullet much higher and into stronger winds, and dropping into subsonic speed? Every time I've shot this far I've needed to add 50%-100% on my wind call

Hornady's app is pretty good for adjusting up n down due to wind direction. Yes figure out the apogee of the shot and wind at that height is always faster than on the ground. David Tubb had a good article about focusing his spotter at 600 for a 1k shot and that was his indicator as to shifts in speed and direction due to the high point of the shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.