Heaviest bullet to 4,000FPS

With your exact specs for your load (case capacity, oal and work with the powder's BRF) the pressure would probably change but I doubt it would drop below 100K. Maybe someone else with the program could run the #'s and see what they get. Do you know what your case capacity in grains is and oal.

Yeah you can tweak some inputs, especially the "weighting factor", but I highly doubt it'll make a 60k difference... probably about 20k at most.

I've found it most accurate to work it backwards; change the weighting factor until the velocity matches the chrony. That should be very close to actual pressure.

How much pressure will be lost or decrease jumping the lands .100 to .125 and then there is freebore, and do you get the same numbers with reg primers oppose to mag primers. On top of that I am showing no signs of pressure apart from the primers being a little on the flat side.

Dean

Your OAL will take care of the pressure to lands # but there is no input for primers. There are also pressure start #'s for the type of bullet used. As I posted if you could give me your OAL and case capacity then you could have a better idea of what your pressure is. I am only giving you the #'s that the program gives. I'm sure as a seasoned reloader you are able to determine pressure signs therefore have safe loads. I'm sure there is someone else on here that has Quickload so maybe they could run the #'s and compare to mine. (With the default #'s).

The 300 and the 338 are both 3.5" oal and lets go with 106gr of powder because I can't load 108 or 110 gr in every case only some.

Dean

PS: I went to the range again today and Doubting Thomas was there AKA Mr 270 Win, I waved to him but he did not come over LOL.
I hear'd from another member he tried talking trash once I had left, saying can you believe what an @$$hole I was. The big Kahuna at the range put him in his place saying if if anyone is an @$$hole it's you, he told you what he was shooting and you called him a liar and you don't even know him. And to make it worse it was his first time here that is not how we treat guests or increase membership and when he showed you you ran away like a coward instead of apologising to him, a couple of shooters came up to me and thanked me for putting him in his place apperantly he gets on a lot of shooters nerves.
I was shooting my middlestead @ 4750 at the time I couldn't help but chuckle.

Hey all, this conversation got my interest in raw speed fired up again. I've been primarily on the heavy high bc path lately (perfected my 300 win mag 225 eld m load, just awesome) but need a new challenge. I have powder and primers (the shortage hasn't hit Canada fully yet but will within a few weeks, we just run a few months behind you and don't have the same consumer demand to make existing supplies evaporate overnight, but once they're gone we won't see anything for a long time), just purchased 50 pieces of Peterson 300 win mag brass and 100 count of the 120 tac-tx Barnes made for the 300 blackout. Barnes data shows a 110 at 3900...I don't imagine getting a 120 to 4 is that out of the realm of possible. But I don't have any of this magical rl17 scopeeye is talking about!

The case capacity I'm refering to is the volume in grains of water. The default capacity of the program for the 338 Edge is 113 grs and 112.5 for the 300 RUM.. Take one your cases and weight it. Then fill it with water and weight again. The difference is your case capacity. Do this with several cases and take an average. Once I get this I will run it into Quickload along with your oal and give you the results.

Hey all, this conversation got my interest in raw speed fired up again. I've been primarily on the heavy high bc path lately (perfected my 300 win mag 225 eld m load, just awesome) but need a new challenge. I have powder and primers (the shortage hasn't hit Canada fully yet but will within a few weeks, we just run a few months behind you and don't have the same consumer demand to make existing supplies evaporate overnight, but once they're gone we won't see anything for a long time), just purchased 50 pieces of Peterson 300 win mag brass and 100 count of the 120 tac-tx Barnes made for the 300 blackout. Barnes data shows a 110 at 3900...I don't imagine getting a 120 to 4 is that out of the realm of possible. But I don't have any of this magical rl17 scopeeye is talking about!
Hybrid HV100 also works good as well as RL19 that Stabil 6.5 also looks promising.

Dean

The case capacity I'm refering to is the volume in grains of water. The default capacity of the program for the 338 Edge is 113 grs and 112.5 for the 300 RUM.. Take one your cases and weight it. Then fill it with water and weight again. The difference is your case capacity. Do this with several cases and take an average. Once I get this I will run it into Quickload along with your oal and give you the results.
Ok will do.

Dean

wonder why they didn't make it an even 10 yards 30 feet? Lol

this amp goes to 11 lol
My take is that is the most you could put though it before it started to jam or become unreliable. There is always a method to there madness even though you don't see it or understand, if I shoot 5 or 6 RUM rounds in a row and I can't touch the barrel,
I can't imagine how many hundreds there are in a 27 yard belt and how hot it must get.

Dean

Last edited:
I image the barrel is almost hot enough to lay a mold under it and and hammer out a few nice axe heads once you drop the barrel during change over, lol.

Just a heads up with the price of ammo and how scarce componets are, I have invested in some laser bore sighters.
Since I am always swaping barrels or scopes or both for that matter, getting back on paper was getting expensive
even removing the bolt and sighting it that way, with my vison is not as sharp as it use to be so it still took more shots than I would have liked. I got 4 of them and that pretty much covers the basics, one for 243 Win base cases one for they 25-06
one WSM and one for the Belted cases, and all these will work even with wildcat versions as long as they are in that specific cases "family" plus they are also good for driving my cat bonkers.LOL

Dean

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.