Heaviest bullet to 4,000FPS

Yeah, we had our first baby in August and they were telling us things that frightened the crap out of my wife and I. We also had to read some paper work and some of it said that if we would refuse a certain service or shot for our baby that the hospital has the right to do that we could be reported and blah blah blah.
I feel like there is no freedom to refuse things you would like to research, talk with spouse or to someone else about before what gets done anymore. We didn't know half the stuff they were talking about so it was a very stressful deal being our first.
The term used for the medical field when rendering aid to a patient is said so frequently that the words meaning is often ignored .......they call it PRACTICING for a reason . They throw spitballs at the wall to see what sticks when something comes up that doesnt have a tried and true remedy . Its infuriating to me to hear a Dr can force a vaccine on anyone, much less a newborn that cant speak for itself .

The term used for the medical field when rendering aid to a patient is said so frequently that the words meaning is often ignored .......they call it PRACTICING for a reason . They throw spitballs at the wall to see what sticks when something comes up that doesnt have a tried and true remedy . Its infuriating to me to hear a Dr can force a vaccine on anyone, much less a newborn that cant speak for itself .
Yeah everything is sickening and infuriating right know! Prices of everything is way up, taxes will be up, we are building a house and everything needed kept going up as we built and is adding to the cost overage so we will be doing the rest ourselves, a co worker that is relatively the same age as I(30) just got his rona vac because "rumor" has it if you want to go to the hospital to visit someone you must have one or be getting your vaccine.......the times we're living in......
Ok sorry for the BIG DERAILMENT, better get back to topic, if anyone needs anything else PM me and will be happy to talk with whoever!

Thanks everyone for the discussion of everything! Eric

I Don't know if any of you browse there, but I put something to lighten your day in the humor section.

Dean

Me Sending 110gr Sierra's at 4500fps plus I get somewhere around 1000 Plus the first 500 a match grade then from 500 to 800 It's a good target barrel the from 800 to 1000 it's reduced to a hunting barrel. I never shoot paper with it that would be a waste there better be something furry at they other end or I am not sending it.

Dean

PS: I was thinking about my uncle the barrel changer on the bombers since wrote that post, and he would always show up with these woman named Molly or Polly ECT and they were always very well endowed showing lots of cleavage and being young and impressionable. I couldn't help but stare I got a whack upside the head but so did my father along with a dirty look and a cold shoulder to boot ah yes fond memories.

Last edited:
I probably could get more than that but I am big on setting back or also called rethroating, if I don't wait to long all I have to do is cut of 1/2 of the barrel and it's as good as new, if I wait to long I might have to cut a inch maybe more. If someone has an app I would like to know what you come up with, if you input 110gr bullet and 110gr of RL17 what you come up with for pressure and velocity. just curious to see if it matches my data.

Dean

Since you asked I ran a few of your loads through my Quick load program.
185 gr Barnes ttsx
106grs RL -17
Vel (34" barrel) 4016
Pressure 118015 psi

160 gr Barnes ttsx
110 grs RL-17
vel 4263 ft/sec (34" barrel)
Pressure 114607 psi

300 RUM
110 Barnes ttsx
110 grs RL-17
Vel (34" barrel) 4510 ft/sec
4289 ft/sec (26" barrel)
pressure 122754 PSI

I assume it is the 300 RUM you are talking about when you refer to the 110 gr bullet.

All these #'s are with the default settings in quickload V3.6 for the 338 Edge and 300 RUM

Last edited:
I highly doubt that I am running twice the SAAMI spec max pressure so something is off, I ordered a mount for my phone to hold it while record live shots over the chrono. I will post them as soon as I have them.

Dean

Last edited:
With your exact specs for your load (case capacity, oal and work with the powder's BRF) the pressure would probably change but I doubt it would drop below 100K. Maybe someone else with the program could run the #'s and see what they get. Do you know what your case capacity in grains is and oal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts