Headspace Woes

How are you measuring shoulder bump? Also sometimes it's best as a new reloader to keep it simple. Start with the basics. Some of Eric's stuff is better suited for intermediate to experienced reloaders.

Nice. Thats really helpful.

I'm using Peterson brass, so hopefully more consistent. How would you measure case volume of unprimed virgin brass?
Seat a spent primer in case.
Weigh on a good scale, empty.
Fill with water to top of case mouth.
Reweigh full.
Subtract empty weight from full weight. This will give you case water volume.

Compare to fired with the same method.

Using a turret press for many years myself, the simple method eliminating the flex is to cam over on sizing operations, this eliminates any chance of cases resisting the sizing due to flex.
Even on a single stage, brass can resist the sizing due to hardness, which is why you want your brass stable and to chamber size before you size it…

Cheers

Using a turret press for many years myself, the simple method eliminating the flex is to cam over on sizing operations, this eliminates any chance of cases resisting the sizing due to flex.
Even on a single stage, brass can resist the sizing due to hardness, which is why you want your brass stable and to chamber size before you size it…

Cheers
I make sure my COAX cams over when I size brass but I'll bet I haven't always done that. Reloading is full of "learnin lessons".

Recent Posts