Head space getting longer

So tell us who makes these - (minus) shell holders and the world can stop lapping the top of shell holders or machining off the base of the die. Meaning I have never seen a - (minus) shell holder or have I ever heard anyone but you talking about them.
Please.... write another novel with all the pictures and diagrams, showing why Rich shouldn't have used dashes in his reply.

Please.... write another novel with all the pictures and diagrams, showing why Rich shouldn't have used dashes in his reply.

It wouldn't do any good to write another novel, you move your lips when you read and still don't understand a single word.............................besides I know your not reading my posts because you didn't even understand Redding's instructions with their shell holders.

It wouldn't do any good to write another novel, you move your lips when you read and still don't understand a single word.............................besides I know your not reading my posts.:rolleyes:
I knew you couldn't resist.
I'll wait for another...

Actually the deck of the shell holder the case rest on is lowered in .002 increments and this increases dimension X. Before the Redding competition shell holders you used feeler gauges to raise the die and decrease the amount of shoulder bump.

Now you just change the shell holder for the desired amount of shoulder bump and never touch the die.

Thats what I was thinking. For some reason I thought you were saying the top of the shell holder changes. If you said thats the way it works I was going to say you were all wet.. :D Yes its the deck height that changes.

The shell holders by redding are to give you LESS shoulder bump then a standard one size fits all shell holder. That is even how Jeff explained it in the Video.

Thanks for your time.

David

Thats what I was thinking. For some reason I thought you were saying the top of the shell holder changes. If you said thats the way it works I was going to say you were all wet.. :D Yes its the deck height that changes.

The shell holders by redding are to give you LESS shoulder bump then a standard one size fits all shell holder. That is even how Jeff explained it in the Video.

Thanks for your time.

David

And the amazing part is a few people recommended the competition shell holders to fix the OP problem, and the posting title is "Headspace getting longer". o_O

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.