reloading head space

bigedp51, The statements made there are too strong.
Every bit of that could be qualified. Or, in a general sense, every bit of it can be false.
Every cartridge that exists DOES NOT have to be FL sized. And with certain chamber/cartridge/die combinations it is entirely possible and probable that better fitting ammo shoots better. With certain combinations, sloppy ammo can alleviate detrimental conditions(like bad TIR, which ironically results from sloppy chambers and FL sizing).

I seriously doubt anyone could make MY guns shoot better, with their sloppy ammo notions, over mine.

Last edited:
Kevin Thomas shoots for Team Lapua USA, and worked in the Sierra ballistics test lab.

And Kevin Thomas opinion carries more experience.

I only neck size cases for my old milsurps with long fat chambers.

I also belong to the "Rat turd in the violin case club".

Relax, I do not pull the handle of your reloading press.

No beef with you.
I just don't respect what Kevin put in print there. He may shoot with them, but if he reloads for them I'm sure they could do a lot better.

I first read about the "Rat turd in the violin case" at German Salizar's web page before it shut down. Mr.Salizar had some very good articles on full length resizing which he also preferred.

I do not like sizing twice with Lee collet dies and body dies "BUT" many shooters love them.

I prefer Forster full length dies with their high mounted floating expanders.

I also like Ford tough trucks and hate cell phones.

To each their own and whatever the individual likes best when they pull the handle of "THEIR" press.

I do not like sizing twice with Lee collet dies and body dies "BUT" many shooters love them.

I prefer Forster full length dies with their high mounted floating expanders.

I also like Ford tough trucks and hate cell phones.

I dont like small cars or real big women... but somehow I always find myself in'em!

Not really. Just lightening the mood. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts