HBN Bullet Coating

No need to go broke buying a large quantity. I've still got a quarter of that container left unused after the better part of a decade. I initially put a 'judicious' amount into an empty 1lb jug along with ceramic tumbling media (wasteful on my part). I add a teaspoon to the powder jug 'from time-to-time'.

Don't forget your barrel!!
That's the exact same HBN product I have!

Don't get fooled that the most expensive and smallest particle size HBN is worthwhile. I spent a few years in the steel coatings "paint" industry. The larger particles are more wear resistant and probably better at separating bullet jackets from barrel steel as the bullets travel down the barrel. I shoot .17 to .243 (6mm) the most since repeated retina surgery in both eyes to avoid recoil undoing a fortune of surgery. I have 0.5 Micron HBN on hand, a gift from a fellow shooting club member, but I use the 1 to 1.5 micron stuff. The smaller particles have no advantage as I see and just attract water molecules. The larger particles don't wear out as fast in 28 inches of barrel in my .20 BR shooting long for caliber 55 gr VLD bullets.

Don't get fooled that the most expensive and smallest particle size HBN is worthwhile. I spent a few years in the steel coatings "paint" industry. The larger particles are more wear resistant and probably better at separating bullet jackets from barrel steel as the bullets travel down the barrel. I shoot .17 to .243 (6mm) the most since repeated retina surgery in both eyes to avoid recoil undoing a fortune of surgery. I have 0.5 Micron HBN on hand, a gift from a fellow shooting club member, but I use the 1 to 1.5 micron stuff. The smaller particles have no advantage as I see and just attract water molecules. The larger particles don't wear out as fast in 28 inches of barrel in my .20 BR shooting long for caliber 55 gr VLD bullets.
Good to know. I had thought that anything over a micron would be abrasive