Non Moly Bullet Coating

G

dakor,

I can understand why Barnes didn't want to sell you any of their PROPRIETARY coating. They spent a lot of their own money developing that coating and the application process to offset the complaints about coppering in barrels from shooting Barnes bullets. I'm sure that they have at least one patent on it for the chemistry and probably more for the application process. The application process does involve baking in some form after the coating is applied. It's an industrial process not at all oriented to a DIY at home kit process.

Now, if you want to consider something better than moly and without the filth of moly then look at this link:
http://www.varminthunters.com/fastex/

I use this on my Barnes non-TSX bullets and it does a good job of curtailing fouling as well as making the bullets more slippery. It goes on clear with no muss, no fuss and virtually no mess. They also have a barrel conditioner and a moly remover as well.

Just trying to be helpful....

Regards.

[ 07-29-2004: Message edited by: Crispin Goodall ]

Does anyone know of a coating like Barnes uses on their XLC bullets that is non Moly and you can buy it in a kit. I tried to buy some XLC coating from Barnes but they would not sell me any.
frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.