Harrells powder dispenser anybody use?

It is common to have this happen occasionally, especially with the long stick powders. The Harrell's measure seem to minimize this better than any other one I have used, And once you get a rhythm to your loading, it becomes rare.

I don't think it bothers anything, but I just dump the charge and do it over just to make sure. The new Short cut powders help solve this condition much like ball powders.

When set right and load pace is consistent, A powder tickler is almost not needed.

J E CUSTOM
Thanks for the information I believe I am going to try one.

I have been using one for 18 years, one of the best tools I own. I was throwing 6 grains of H335 to fire form my 14 Hornet last night.

A friend of mine had me try his out for a month . I liked it even if I was loading long grained powders it worked well . when it did cut a kernel it did it rather smoothly . As has been stated earlier it measured quit precisely .

I have been using one since they hit the market. It was sent to me free of charge and was told if I liked it send in the payment or return it if I didn't like it. Sent the money within a week.

I have had one for 10 years and enjoyed using it . I just set it a few grains less than I need then trickle the last.It got stiff to turn 3 or 4 years ago called Harrell and he said send it to him and he said he would fix it. It came back working smooth and like a charm. Very accurate. Nice man at Harrell's

I have had one for 10 years and enjoyed using it . I just set it a few grains less than I need then trickle the last.It got stiff to turn 3 or 4 years ago called Harrell and he said send it to him and he said he would fix it. It came back working smooth and like a charm. Very accurate. Nice man at Harrell's
I've used an old belting mull for a long time anyone used one of these. David

That is very typical of how the harrell brothers operate. I had a problem with a bushig die, sent it to them, they repaired it returned it at NO COST

I have a 120gr and it's by far the best one I own I have a Redding and a couple RCBS and a Lyman and an old C-H and it beats them all!
And he is a great guy to deal with!

I've got 2. I started using them years ago when i shot BR. They come in two ranges, i believe. My old one is for ppc size charges. Newer one is for larger powder charges. Small range is Very accurate. Larger range and large kernel size powder is a bit less accurate, but very close. When i cut kernels i dump and re-drop. If you're loading larger volumes of cartridges (like for p dog shooting) they are wonderful. When loading for my larger capacity cartridges i dump each shell when all finished and verify charges.

I use one of them for more than 10 years. Excellent and the most consistent of all powder measures. What I enjoy the most is the click system and measurement adjustment. You can also repeat loads with 100% precision by turning the adjustment knob back to the original setting. Furthermore one click is +-0.1gr on most rifle powders which makes it quick to work up loads for testing in say 0.3gr increment/groups. Other powder measures has adjustment indication also, but it is very tricky to repeat a previous load without weighing and adjusting several times.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.