Harrells powder dispenser anybody use?

I have one, don't use it much, but a lot of Hunter Benchrest shooters I know use them a lot. They seem
like a fairly precision instrument. My mind just won't let me trust a powder thrower.

I have a Harrels and a Redding powder measure. I rarely use the Redding because the Harrels is much easier and more accurate. But, I called Lynwood Harrel once because I had a problem turning the drum. He advised me to remove it and put a little graphite on the drum. Works like a charm now.

After trying many different powder measures, I bough a Harrell's and it is the best that I ever had. There are no features that I don't like, and the customer service is top notch.

There are several different ones to chose from and I bought the 120 grain so I can dump powder in the big cartridges in one motion.

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/premium-powder-measure.

The Ohaus measure was the second best in my opinion and all others were behind them.

J E CUSTOM

I bought one a few months ago and have been pleased with it. I like the click adjustments and the overall quality of it. Definitely gets you super close to save time using the trickler. Depending on your reloading needs you may not even need to use a trickler.

I have an OLD one. I had to replace the glass sight window because it was broken with half missing when I got it. I used a piece of metal. I have a RCBS set up on my loading bench that has done what I need done for over 35 years so why change.

Is cutting kernels or bad thing?

It is common to have this happen occasionally, especially with the long stick powders. The Harrell's measure seem to minimize this better than any other one I have used, And once you get a rhythm to your loading, it becomes rare.

I don't think it bothers anything, but I just dump the charge and do it over just to make sure. The new Short cut powders help solve this condition much like ball powders.

When set right and load pace is consistent, A powder tickler is almost not needed.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts