Harperc

He has recently had major reconstruction surgery on his back. He is in the hospital and having trouble with pain mitigation. In Washington he can't have family visit so he has no one to advocate for him other than himself and this is tough when medicated. It sounds like recovery is not going fast enough and there is talk of a nursing home. We need to get him on his feet and back to the range!

He has recently had major reconstruction surgery on his back. He is in the hospital and having trouble with pain mitigation. In Washington he can't have family visit so he has no one to advocate for him other than himself and this is tough when medicated. It sounds like recovery is not going fast enough and there is talk of a nursing home. We need to get him on his feet and back to the range!
Amen to that!

Yeah that's tough. My father in law has had 8 back surgeries and one neck fusion. He also doesn't do well with any of the "good" pain meds because they just completely fry his brain and has to have for lack of better terms a babysitter(my wife) at all times to interpret. It sucks! Unfortunately any relief from the surgeries was always only temperary and issues always returned. My prayers are with him and his family.

Steve,

He is in my thoughts and prayers. If you are allowed, please let us know what is going on. I agree; he is a gentleman and one of the many good guys here.

Ed
Basically a congenitally crooked spine, an active life style, individual and family life, a solid work history no different than most of us here reaching the time of life the rent comes due.

For me that means in the last 6 months, 3 surgeries, 9 fusions, a rib removed for access, hardware from pelvis to shoulders for straightening, and support.

The battle with a health system in its death thrall an exhausting barrier/chapter in itself. The system not the people.

Good support system of family and friends, very grateful to those here for keeping my mind entertained, and engaged. The ability to touch vicariously my chosen hobby has meant much.

I did manage an antelope this year. 2 friends literally hand carried me to Wyoming.

Lots of blessings included in process. I have summed the year up in the story of Those tearing the roof off the building to lower a man to Christ for healing. Being the man on the pallet is a special view.

I was in a place the other night where visualization of those praying for me was real. It works guys, and there is more to it than hallucination, mad men etc. A view worth the trip.

Rehab possible, hopefully that can happen today. It wasn't possible yesterday, so I'm improved day by day.

Thank You all.
Carl

Basically a congenitally crooked spine, an active life style, individual and family life, a solid work history no different than most of us here reaching the time of life the rent comes due.

For me that means in the last 6 months, 3 surgeries, 9 fusions, a rib removed for access, hardware from pelvis to shoulders for straightening, and support.

The battle with a health system in its death thrall an exhausting barrier/chapter in itself. The system not the people.

Good support system of family and friends, very grateful to those here for keeping my mind entertained, and engaged. The ability to touch vicariously my chosen hobby has meant much.

I did manage an antelope this year. 2 friends literally hand carried me to Wyoming.

Lots of blessings included in process. I have summed the year up in the story of Those tearing the roof off the building to lower a man to Christ for healing. Being the man on the pallet is a special view.

I was in a place the other night where visualization of those praying for me was real. It works guys, and there is more to it than hallucination, mad men etc. A view worth the trip.

Rehab possible, hopefully that can happen today. It wasn't possible yesterday, so I'm improved day by day.

Thank You all.
Carl
Carl,

Hang in there brother, as you can see your LRH family is behind you and will continue to do so. God bless!

Ed

It was a good thing. I should have done it myself, but knowing where to start with was elusive.
This group is large now, and it seemed a bit off track for most new listeners.
The smaller group that includes so many old timers from here, over at Hammer seemed a smaller bite to take. Thank you for that.

Also thank you for indulging all my medication, and pain addled conversations about bullet theory. I've learned much, and had fun.

Education and entertainment source a great community of men. We need hang together.

Many of us dont know each other face to face, but by only a few or many conversations here. In many cases thats all it takes to get to know someone and know they are good people and sometimes they feel like family. That is what we have here and I am always moved about how the family here gets going and praying for a brother/sister when needed.

Sir I hope this day and those to come are better and better for you and you can start PT soon. Get well and our prayers will continue to come.

God bless