Hammer Time:

Let me know what twist rate you measure? Yeah, I would measure the twist before incurring gunsmithing costs. I was bummed. I had a bullet that didn't shoot very well in my 300 Win Mag and that's when I found out I had a 10.55" twist. I wasn't very happy. Called the smith who checked his receipt and confirmed he ordered a 10" twist from Lilja. And I was stuck with it... as if I'd ordered a 10.55" twist. Sucks.

Just checked it. Took a few pulls to get to repeat accurate. That would be because I have not had enough coffee yet:rolleyes:. It is 1-9" consistent for the length of the barrel. Life is good again. I will be running those 307g Hammer Hunters to the horizon.

Steve

For the GM with the Check engine light, have him check all grounds, especially if a code indicates emissions.

Good to here about the twist rate, hmm new rifle :)

I've got a couple of more I'm going to verify.

Definitely verify prior to altering anything.

Agreed! I just verified my Lilja barrel that I received earlier this week and it is exactly what I ordered ...

Lilja_zps51w0sam4.jpg

Dan and Carson Lilja are good people and if the error is on their part, I'm positive they'll make it right.

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.