"Its Time"

The man who told of this Rugaroo encounter, now passed away, was not a man to invent stories, and was in fact reticent to tell about it. I think it happened in the early 1970's and this was first recounted well before "bigfoot" stories were around, and would not have been influenced by the nonexistent Internet.

Another person with whom I have spoken personally and heard the same stories several times is John Mionczynski, who never varies in his telling of several stories from his early experiences as he tells them in the video described below. He is a genuine mountain man. A good biographical sketch of John can be found at https://wyofile.com/john-mionczynski/

A video of some Mionczynski stories starting at around 5:00 and running to about 58:00 can be found at the link below.

The man who told of this Rugaroo encounter, now passed away, was not a man to invent stories, and was in fact reticent to tell about it. I think it happened in the early 1970's and this was first recounted well before "bigfoot" stories were around, and would not have been influenced by the nonexistent Internet.

Another person with whom I have spoken personally and heard the same stories several times is John Mionczynski, who never varies in his telling of several stories from his early experiences as he tells them in the video described below. He is a genuine mountain man. A good biographical sketch of John can be found at https://wyofile.com/john-mionczynski/

A video of some Mionczynski stories starting at around 5:00 and running to about 58:00 can be found at the link below.

I'm familiar with John as he's considered the guy who started packing with goats.
I'm also familiar with one of his Bigfoot stories. Think it was in the Wind River area of Wyoming.
Unfortunately I was never able to meet John.

Kris

Quick clip....
The taxidermist I know in Oregon had his daughter with him on a whitetail hunt in MT a few years back....there was a few inches of snow on the ground...they were hiking in behind closed gates..seeing several whitetail....but the one sight that they got they won't forget was....
....smallish bare human footprints in the snow...crossing the road.....girl immediately went into fright mode....
dad looked over the prints and stepped into them as if to give her more confidence....but he said he was getting leary too.....as they were way up in the hills and a few miles from the truck....but they had two rifles.........

Quick clip....
The taxidermist I know in Oregon had his daughter with him on a whitetail hunt in MT a few years back....there was a few inches of snow on the ground...they were hiking in behind closed gates..seeing several whitetail....but the one sight that they got they won't forget was....
....smallish bare human footprints in the snow...crossing the road.....girl immediately went into fright mode....
dad looked over the prints and stepped into them as if to give her more confidence....but he said he was getting leary too.....as they were way up in the hills and a few miles from the truck....but they had two rifles.........
Did they get pics?
Roughly what part of the state was it?

Kris

No pics....he wanted to get his daughter 'past' them.......

He was somewhere east of StMaries Idaho.....in Montana....
There was cwd hunt for whitetail....
Not far into Mt....but he had to go north and circle back south.....