Hammer Bullets

pheerles,

For the Hammer haters at least they can take solace in the fact the Hammers came in third.:)

Verified the load today, Sledgehammer now tied for 2nd.

1580430089122.png

Hey Steve:

I know you guys are busy trying to keep up with demand and developing new bullets, Hammer ammo and now supplying "samples" but why not consider selling some BULK packs at a reasonable discount for all of your loyal customers? Sierra has been doing this successfully for many years.

While i would love some bulk cheaper hammers i am guessing that we are already getting a good deal compared to cost. I say this because the military and leo discount is %10. I am going to wager a bet that the %10 puts it pretty close to cost.

I want cheaper price but i would prefer to keep a good company in business going forward.

I might be off base, in which case bring on the bulk savings haha.

Wyo
Yep, 6.5CM, 117gr Sledgehammer, 3060 in a CM, below max powder charge. Got my forever load for this rifle!
I had good luck with 124 HH in a 6.5 CM Tikka and 6.5 PRC C.A. Ridgeline . Haven't used on game yet. Didn't do as well in a 6.5 CM 28 in. Encore barrel .
Haven't tried in Weatherby Vangaurd 6.5 CM.

After talking with Steve at Hammer (very nice/helpful) he recommended the Sledges. Where I hunt its thick. I wanted a good blood trail. Shots ~400 or less and deer immediately get into thick cover. Consistent pass through and minimum meat destruction.
I have some 130 Sledges waiting on my new 6.5-06 AI. Also Steve's recommendation
Can't wait to see how they do. Haven't tried the Hunters

After talking with Steve at Hammer (very nice/helpful) he recommended the Sledges. Where I hunt its thick. I wanted a good blood trail. Shots ~400 or less and deer immediately get into thick cover. Consistent pass through and minimum meat destruction.
I have some 130 Sledges waiting on my new 6.5-06 AI. Also Steve's recommendation
Can't wait to see how they do. Haven't tried the Hunters
I tried 131 HH in 6.5 CM and 6.5 PRC. Both 1&8 twist . Didn't do as good as 124. Twist for 131 is 1&7.5 or faster I believe . Steve has always been helpful to me also. Gave me powders he tested with for 4 different calibers .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.