Ha any body thought of this yet?

HamSlamma

Im just getting started in this "Long Range" shooting and was wondering if you guys helped each other out on factory ammo?

I know,,,I know,,,"start here",,,"try this" BUT,,,,,,

What Im talking about is when someone buys a new gun and is trying to find out what it shoots the best, do you sell the left over factory ammo that your gun doesn't like to other forum members?

I think this would be a BIG help (For guys like me,,,hahahaha)

OK,,,,I have a 300WinMag that likes the Hornady "Custom" in 185Gr.
Its ok at 100 yards but its not good at 200 yds. I dont think Ill be shooting over 500yds with this gun while hunting.....

Im thinking I should try the MATCH 185Gr ammo from Hornady? Any body have half a box they want to sell?

Im just getting started in this "Long Range" shooting and was wondering if you guys helped each other out on factory ammo?

I know,,,I know,,,"start here",,,"try this" BUT,,,,,,

What Im talking about is when someone buys a new gun and is trying to find out what it shoots the best, do you sell the left over factory ammo that your gun doesn't like to other forum members?

I think this would be a BIG help (For guys like me,,,hahahaha)
I've done that before, but only with local friends and family. With shipping costs, it just doesnt make sense to do that over a nationwide forum like this.

A lot of Ranges have swap arrangements. Some are on the Range website, Facebook etc. If your range doesn't have one might be a real good thing to start up. If there are a few ranges in your area you could start one for all of them.

I just use it to try in rifles other guys bring to me to mess with, or give it away. If I can't use it I don't want it to just sit there, seems like a waist.

I have never had a rifle that shot well at 100 and poorly at 200 get better again at the longer ranges. Some that are okay at 100 and 200 do tighten up and improve at longer ranges however.

I have never had a rifle that shot well at 100 and poorly at 200 get better again at the longer ranges. Some that are okay at 100 and 200 do tighten up and improve at longer ranges however.

You make a great point. I would recommend to the OP some dry firing sessions at the longer ranges, this will help you determine if you are doing something wrong.

Keep in mind we are always the biggest variable.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.