H5010 whats it good for?

Coyboy

Found some of this powder on clearance for $8 a pound. I'm thinking by the name it must be for the big 50. Any other uses?

IMO - Even with 220's or 240 grain out of my 30-378 with a 28 inch barrel and two inch brake. I lost speed with powders like H50BMG. These were full cases. My best results were with 8700. Retumbo, R-25, H1000 work really well on my 200's and 220's. The 8700 was the best with 240 SMK's

Once you get into these really slow powders bullet weight and barrel length work. Your 5010 is a good deal. Try it you might like it. You will keep the pressure down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I use it in my 30-378. I've been looking for some. It's hard to come by anymore. I would be interested in getting some off of you if its possible. Thanks.

brookj, I didn't buy it and probably won't. I would have e-mailed you but your address is not in your profile. Gander Mountain in Wausau Wi. has some for 8 bucks. I also found it in other Gander Mt. stores but at different prices. If you have a Gander store near you go in and tell them what you want all stores inventories are conected by computer.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.