Gunwerks 7 LRM???

Wow, all I've ever read were good things about them until I read this post. IMO, with the 300 PRC brass and reduced pressures necking the PRC down should easily replace the LRM. Or wouldn't it?

The 300 PRC is a bit long for the "ideal" 7mm capacity that the 7 LRM is. However if the Hornady 300 PRC brass is tough enough, and so far everything I have read is that it is, you could certainly form from it. Since the military picked it up it's not going away and could likely gain aftermarket brass support. A shoulder bump and neck size would do it.

An even better option that I'm hopeful for is a 7 PRC from Hornady. When asked, I was told "I can neither confirm nor deny" a 7 PRC is in the works - sounds like a YES to me! A 7mm with Blaser (or a little bit more)/7 Practical/7 LRM capacity using the PRC/Creedmoor template would be ideal! That's what they have been doing - heavy for caliber at ~3000fps factory loads, 30° shoulder, minimal body taper, no belt, no rebated rim, Creedmoor proportions, standard long action length with room to seat out.

A 7 PRC wildcat could certainly be done but factory support would be nice. Hopefully they'll follow through with a factory loaded 180 ELD-M at 3000fps and a 175 ELD-X at 3100 or close anyway. Even if it lands where the 6.5 PRC does(147/143 @ 2910/2960), handloads with RL 26 can go from there.

The 7 LRM has the ideal goals, standardized with PRC philosophy and factory support would be awesome.

Not happening for a long time as Gunwerks has a huge supply of the old stuff. That's what I was told when I spoke with them recently.
This confuses me as they haven't had brass or ammo listed on their website for a few months already. Also was told almost a year ago by one of their staff that ADG brass was coming soon. Not sure what to think at this point, all I know is I dont shoot mine very often!

Who cares about a new whizz bang 7 that sends a 180 at 3000 fps in garbage brass ? 7 RM has been doing it for decades, if you can't reload a belted case properly, you shouldn't be reloading.

7 LRM has died , 7 PRC is the second coming of overhyped Hornady marketing. Anything named PRC will sell like crazy and then die a quick death .

Interesting that Gunworks coins the name. The 7mm-375 Ruger popped up quickly after the 375 Ruger was introduced. I don't believe that this cartridge can duplicate 7 RUM performance. The case is almost identical to the 7mm Dakota. Case capacity is also very similar to the 7 STW. You don't hear anyone saying their 7 STW duplicates 7 RUM performance.

IMO the 7mm-375 Ruger IS a cartridge that should be built and offered by Ruger/Hornady. It fits a standard long action and 375 Ruger brass is far less costly than Dakota brass. It would be a welcome addition to the huge list of 7mm offerings.
Your right it dont. It OUT PERFORMS the ultra. Which a stw can do also !!

Who cares about a new whizz bang 7 that sends a 180 at 3000 fps in garbage brass ? 7 RM has been doing it for decades, if you can't reload a belted case properly, you shouldn't be reloading.

7 LRM has died , 7 PRC is the second coming of overhyped Hornady marketing. Anything named PRC will sell like crazy and then die a quick death .
Oh really you are saying the 7prc can do this ? Where is these facts ? And to my knowledge noone has took on building gun but Mcwhorter.

My 28 SM will be available this month with ADG head stamped brass. The 30 SM will run right with a 300 Norma so im sure the 7 will be very comparable.

I don't care what Hornady comes out with. For us reloaders, if they don't improve on their brass quality, then I and a lot of other folks will stay away. They were the death of the 7LRM in my opinion.
Adm is taking pre orders on 300 prc brass now so hopefully that's a good sign. Also wouldn't take much to jump that down to a 7 mil

New 7 LRM brass will be here in a couple months! We just started making new tooling.
What will be the oem brass manufacturer skip? I'm pretty certain the rest your gunwerks brand brass is made by adg, as it's exact same spec areas the 3 different chambers I've personally cross examined.