Gunwerks 7 LRM???

WELL READ ABOUT Every post I'm all in just ordered 7 LRM from fierce firearms should be here by the end of the month or sooner All of your posts have been very helpful lots of info thanks

Attachments

• 619D74CB-E511-4CE8-9598-692939A25546.png
    619D74CB-E511-4CE8-9598-692939A25546.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 211
WELL READ ABOUT Every post I'm all in just ordered 7 LRM from fierce firearms should be here by the end of the month or sooner All of your posts have been very helpful lots of info thanks

Good luck on your 7LRM quest.
I've had pretty good success with a load of 180 grn Hornady ELDM's over 70.5 grns of h1000. The same load works well with the Berger 180 Hybrid. That being said when my barrel goes which will be soon it will be replaced by a 7 Practical. I fought my 7LRM for two years straight. It shoots great and then it's all over the place. The brass is absolute **** and must be weight sorted by volume and neck turned before the first firing and annealed every firing. I'm
Convinced the brass is the down fall of this wonderful cartridge. I refuse to pay $2 a piece for brass that is junk.

Pm me if you have any questions. I have tons of info and can share my experiences so hopefully you won't have to go through the same struggles.

Good luck on your 7LRM quest.
I've had pretty good success with a load of 180 grn Hornady ELDM's over 70.5 grns of h1000. The same load works well with the Berger 180 Hybrid. That being said when my barrel goes which will be soon it will be replaced by a 7 Practical. I fought my 7LRM for two years straight. It shoots great and then it's all over the place. The brass is absolute **** and must be weight sorted by volume and neck turned before the first firing and annealed every firing. I'm
Convinced the brass is the down fall of this wonderful cartridge. I refuse to pay $2 a piece for brass that is junk.

Pm me if you have any questions. I have tons of info and can share my experiences so hopefully you won't have to go through the same struggles.
Totally agree on the brass being the weak link. Monday I sent ADG an email inquiring if 7LRM was on their radar. They said no definite plans but it is on radar, maybe with enough requests...

10 four I guess the only thing to do is spend a bunch money on brass and dies shoot the **** out of it If doesn't perform spend some more money replace the barrel

Don't get me wrong, I like mine. Solid 1/2 MOA. 3020fps with 180 hybrid over H1000.

No don't think I'll have any problems fierce firearms makes a good rifle my 280 Ackley shoots Awesome 4 inch groups at 600 expect this to do the same or better I know the gun Wlll do better it's the nut behind the trigger really like they're lightweight rifles bought this one in titanium action carbon barrel Mcmillan stock will put Murphy Titanium rail and rings looking at that new Revic scope

Just loaded some Lapua 180 scenar-L up 70.5 gn H1000 my 180 grain burgers haven't showed up yet have them on order through midway overall length 3.353 ogive 2.701 chamber well Anybody else getting numbers close to this Will Measure chamber after I get up fired case will Make a modified case to measure chamber

Just loaded some Lapua 180 scenar-L up 70.5 gn H1000 my 180 grain burgers haven't showed up yet have them on order through midway overall length 3.353 ogive 2.701 chamber well Anybody else getting numbers close to this Will Measure chamber after I get up fired case will Make a modified case to measure chamber
My Hornady 180's are set at 2.732 to OG

Spoke to Erin to day (G7) he is looking at the 7LRM to push 180 Begers@3100
without too much effort. sounds very viable, and I am concidering having him make me one.
Anyone had any experience with this cartridge?
I have one and love it. It is pushing the 180 @3090fps, no pressure and shoots in the .5s Very comfortable to shoot. My wife and son have both shot game with it.

Talked with one the gunwerks reps at SHOT today, he said that by June 7LRM brass from ADG should be available. ADG makes good brass. This might be the saving grace for my chamber, was planning going to 28 nosler, but this is much better for throat life.

Talked with one the gunwerks reps at SHOT today, he said that by June 7LRM brass from ADG should be available. ADG makes good brass. This might be the saving grace for my chamber, was planning going to 28 nosler, but this is much better for throat life.

This is interesting. I've been looking at knocking a 28 Nosler case back with a 33nosler die and a .317 bushing to give more neck length all to stay away from the the LRM Hornady brass.

This is interesting. I've been looking at knocking a 28 Nosler case back with a 33nosler die and a .317 bushing to give more neck length all to stay away from the the LRM Hornady brass.
Saw your thread, can't you just shorten the 28 nosler die a bit, and bump the shoulder back on 28 nosler brass?

Saw your thread, can't you just shorten the 28 nosler die a bit, and bump the shoulder back on 28 nosler brass?

You can do that or just use a 30 Nosler or 33 Nosler die. I didn't have a 28 to begin with so why buy a die to just machine some off the bottom. I'm using a Redding Type S die and 30 or 33 does the same thing with the proper neck bushing.

Better factory brass for the 7LRM makes it more attractive. The dies aren't great which might still push me to getting a reamer for my off the shelf wildcat.

Last edited: