gunsmith pricing

Ftothfadd

So, I am in the process of putting together my first truly custom rifle. I have a Gunwerks GRB SA, Hawkins DBM M5 bottom metal, Trigger tech trigger, and still thinking about the stock. I will likely go with a 22" (proof) carbon barrel and plan to chamber it in 6.5 PRC.
Now, the question: how much should I expect a gunsmith to charge for chambering, and fitting the barrel to the action as well as threading the end and having a blended thread cap constructed?
Anyone knows a gunsmith around the twin cities in MN who can competently accomplish it? (I have mixed experience with previous smiths...)
Thank you for your help, Ferenc

Ps.: If you have an unchambered 22" (proof) 6.5 mm carbon barrel lying around please let me know, I might just buy it ;-)

I want to put a break on an old savage (sentimental value). Cheaper to add a break or rebarrel a 111/110 savage.

I just need to find a GS here in SD.

KD Gunsmithing did a few for me when I was in Oceanside.
Karie D Dunks, (760) 533-2330, Fallbrook

I don't have Facebook, but google it and it says he is on there. Comes up, I jsut can't see anything. He used to have a regular website, but can't seem to find it anymore. Has a shop on his property in Fallbrook.

Last edited: