Guns you sold regrettably

I guess I'm the anomaly. I've sold a lot of my firearms and honestly I don't miss them. All the ones I sold I didn't use that much. I still have the ones that have sentimental value, or that I use quite often. I'm getting ready to sell a bunch more. I'll use the freed up cash to get optics and gear to do more of the types of shooting/ hunting that I enjoy.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Expenses on my toys do not dip into the household money. I accumulated my mad money when I was getting at least 25% bonus a month for over two years. Made a deal with the CFO that every other month is mine, the rest goes to her to manage along with stock grants and options I cashed out.

I bought my weapons from my mad money account that the wife does not audit.

Fast forward to 2015, 4 years into retirement I decided I wanted to learn how to chamber my own barrels. I will turn 71 this year and have been retired, retired since 2011. I sold weapons to finance 4 lathes, a Bridgeport mill, tooling, gauges, indicators, etc. Having more fun now in the garage, though the wife is not, her CTS stays outside..lol

No regrets, still have 3 safes full I need to sell off. Kids don't want them. I guess their Left Coast (2 Left Coast now) education made them forgot their TX upbringing... oh well.. they decided the other Left Coast (NE, NOVA) is their permanent residences since graduation.

Last edited:

Expenses on my toys do not dip into the household money. I accumulated my mad money when I was getting at least 25% bonus a month for over two years. Made a deal with the CFO that every other month is mine, the rest goes to her to manage along with stock grants and options I cashed out.

Fast forward to 2015, 4 years into retirement I decided I wanted to learn how to chamber my own barrels. I will turn 71 this year and have been retired, retired since 2011. I sold weapons to finance 4 lathes, a Bridgeport mill, tooling, gauges, indicators, etc. Having more fun now in the garage, though the wife is not, her CTS stays outside..lol

No regrets, still have 3 safes full I need to sell off. Kids don't want them. I guess their Left Coast education made them forgot their TX upbringing... oh well.. they decided the Left Coast is their permanent residences since graduation.
I'm up for adoption ;)

I sold a Ruger Mark 2 Bull Barrel Target that was very accurate which I regret.

And, @bamban, where to send kids now is a real challenge. UT Austin or even A&M may not have been any better.

I'm hoping the cotton fields and dust storms keep the whackos away from our alma mater, Texas Tech.

I sold a Ruger Mark 2 Bull Barrel Target that was very accurate which I regret.

And, @bamban, where to send kids now is a real challenge. UT Austin or even A&M may not have been any better.

I'm hoping the cotton fields and dust storms keep the whackos away from our alma mater, Texas Tech.
UT offered my son and daughter a good ride on their Honors program. Berkeley of the South is just as bad as the Left Coast. We have to TWO Left Coasts now, Pacific and Atlantic. The reason I mentioned Left Coast earlier.

Last edited:
We are trying to keep an eye on our "redneck" institutions of higher learning. I don't know if it's still in operation but my younger daughter set an all time high score on the Naval ROTC rifle team, the ROTC XO and leader of the school rifle drill team. That's been a while back. I know that we do still some military instruction, much to some people's shagrin.

My grandfather lived his entire life with four guns.
1. Remington.30-06 pump
2. Remington 12ga pump
3. Winchester.22LR lever
4. Colt .38 spl revolver

He fed and protected his family of five with those four.

When I look at what I have I'll have heartburn no matter what I sell. I have what I have because I want them not because I need them.

Honestly I could easily sell the ones in can do without because I'll include ammo with the gun. If I sold the 12ga Browning autoloader I'd include the ammo cause what am I going to do with ammo and no gun to shoot with.

No regrets, still have 3 safes full I need to sell off. Kids don't want them. I guess their Left Coast education made them forgot their TX upbringing... oh well.. they decided the Left Coast is their permanent residences since graduation.
I'm up for adoption AGAIN. lol You know I sold all my guns but one once when I was younger. I got out of hunting & shooting. Just because there was no where to really enjoy doing it. I then moved back home. And have bought probably to many now. Just because I can. Nothing of any quality, really. But I do enjoy shooting what I do have. And seeing how they live out west possibly they just don't have the inclination right now to enjoy your firearms. It may change in the future. I would say give them time. And realize the world they had & what is in their future. We all grew up one day.

Last edited: