Gun works rifles

What are your opinions on gun works rifles. I'm looking at a 300 PRC.
Took a Gunwerks course/antelope hunt last year. Shot a magnus in 6.5 creedmoor. Liked it so much I bought a Nexus in 300 prc/6.5 prc. Supposed to be here Friday…. 🕺Expensive, but it's ready to go out of the box. When I think of the time and money I've spent zeroing, mounting scopes, creating ballistic solutions, and figuring out which factory ammo each rifle likes it's worth it. In fact, I spent 5 hours today swapping scopes around, bore sighting and rezeroing at the range on some rifles for my kids and a new one I just bought. It's worth it for me. Between work and kids, I want to shoot and hunt more and tinker less. If all goes as planned, will sell some things to defray the purchase price.

On top of it, after spending 4 days with the Gunwerks crew they're a great group of people bringing innovative products to market and I drank the koolaid. Glad I can afford to support them, IMO, their equipment delivers what it promises. OTOH, there are more accurate rifles than ever before and if you reload and like to tinker it's a great way to go. Proof, Alterra, Fierce and more have good reps too.

Gunwerks is a great option if it's worth it to you.

They offer a very turn key experience into long range hunting. Their rifles seem expensive when comparing to Alterra, GAP, etc, but they provide, gun, optic, training, hunts, everything.

I call them expensive, but they are a bargain compared to a custom Rizzini experience. Just the gun will be in the $20000 range

I always wondered what the draw to those rifles was. Seem nice but custom gunsmith can build you a rifle with equal accuracy guarantee for less.
This is the route I took for both of my last custom builds. I purchased all the components and have my go-to GS since 2003 built it for me. I also believe in establishing a good working relationship with your GS.

These companies are pricey and some of the money is the name, but man to not tinker and just have a finished rig and be done would be great
There is a lot of attraction to that, right? Top performance at minimal effort and time.

I always wondered what the draw to those rifles was. Seem nice but custom gunsmith can build you a rifle with equal accuracy guarantee for less.
Yes, but will that gunsmith teach you to shoot, build your load, pour your drink, tuck you in, walk you to a 400 yd trophy, tell you how to set up, whisper dope in your ear and tell you that you it was a great shot on a great trophy, even when you shoot a 13" antelope in the butt?

I think it's because they do all the leg work, you just grab the rifle and ammunition that they load developed, go out and you're dialed in out to 1000 yards.
Yep.
I guess if your time is limited it is helpful. Part of the fun for me with a new rifle is finding a load it likes and taking it to the range to gather data and create a dope chart.
We have to put ourselves in different shoes. Most of us are tinker'rs. We like to reload, gunsmith, tweak things, etc.

Put these shoes on….you are a Chicago lawyer who has never owned a gun, but once you saw uncle Henry shoot a rabbit with a 22LR and you were amazed by that.

You never have 3 days off, but you would like to do research for a while (like 2 hrs) and buy a hunting kit and go hunt antelope. In a 10-15 min phone call, I'll bet you can arrange gun, ammo, lesson and an antelope hunt. Then tell your secretary to arrange your plane for the date and buy you a hunting outfit online…maybe Filson or something English…or he'll maybe First Lite, if you have a decent secretary. You will go to the office, read emails til 7, limo to private plane, fly in around 9A, grab breakfast on flight, pick up your rented large SUV and drive to gunwerks. They handle everything else. Cigars are smoked, whiskey drank, antelope killed, processed and donated….because who would eat that crap. Rifle shipped to dealer in Chicago where you let it sit for 3 months because they won't let your staff pick it up or drive it to you. You go pick it up or ask them to sell it for whatever they can get.

Not sure, but I think this happens. Sometimes you keep the rifle as like a trophy.

Edit: My disgusting story aside, I think Gunwerks builds a good rifle and I cannot judge value vs price for another person.

We have a number of premium custom rifles - very nice ones. But there's something about my GW Magnus 7-LRM that sets it apart. While our customs all use top-end components, they are pulled together from various premium manufactures to get married into the finished rifle. Gunwerks designs and makes their own components to come together as a seamless working unit. You get a mighty fine rifle that actually works really good too - comes proofed and ready to roll. What they do is impressive when you look at the whole picture. And they stand behind their products. My experience with them has been stellar.

They are expensive but they are great rifles. I own two, one is a LR1000 in 7LRM and the other is a ClymR in 6.5 PRC. The LRM I bought as a full system, the PRC I just bought the rifle, rings and case and did the rest of the development myself because I already had a scope to put on it! I would not sell my LRM for any amount of money. Ten plus years of animals dropping from 150-850 yards which is long range for me and I could not be happier. If you have the money to spend on one I do not think you would be dissapointed.

What are your opinions on gun works rifles. I'm looking at a 300 PRC.
Their greatest feature may be the price which creates a sense of exclusivity and elitism.
Lots of equal performer rifles and gun makers without the added cost of bragging rights.

Check out their website! These guys offer full blown systems just dial and shoot, just rifles, just optics in their Revic Line, Rangefinders, three different levels of shooting classes and well as classes combined with hunts.
They're great people to deal with and there classes are top notch. Yes I have attended one and hope to attend another in the near future. Its all there if you want it! I agree its not for everybody. That's what makes this long range forum so much fun, the diversity!

I'm one of those who have more rifles than time to shoot. I sprang for a Gunwerks Verdidt in 300 Norma that came with 200 rounds of GW ammo 230g A-tips. In addition I found some Norma factory rounds w/230g Berger hybrids to try. Put the custom turret data in the Revic and shot one hole at 100yrs with both. Moved out to 350 dialed in the turret and both were spot on. They really are amazingly accurate. They are very freindly folks as well. I gave them a call and asked for their load receipe's and within 15 minutes had 3 separate loads. Reloaded some of the A-Tips and same results. I know they're expensive but if you can afford one, you get what you pay for. I'm new to the forum and don't have any connection with GW other than being a more than satisfied customer,

There is a lot of attraction to that, right? Top performance at minimal effort and time.

Yes, but will that gunsmith teach you to shoot, build your load, pour your drink, tuck you in, walk you to a 400 yd trophy, tell you how to set up, whisper dope in your ear and tell you that you it was a great shot on a great trophy, even when you shoot a 13" antelope in the butt?

Yep.

We have to put ourselves in different shoes. Most of us are tinker'rs. We like to reload, gunsmith, tweak things, etc.

Put these shoes on….you are a Chicago lawyer who has never owned a gun, but once you saw uncle Henry shoot a rabbit with a 22LR and you were amazed by that.

You never have 3 days off, but you would like to do research for a while (like 2 hrs) and buy a hunting kit and go hunt antelope. In a 10-15 min phone call, I'll bet you can arrange gun, ammo, lesson and an antelope hunt. Then tell your secretary to arrange your plane for the date and buy you a hunting outfit online…maybe Filson or something English…or he'll maybe First Lite, if you have a decent secretary. You will go to the office, read emails til 7, limo to private plane, fly in around 9A, grab breakfast on flight, pick up your rented large SUV and drive to gunwerks. They handle everything else. Cigars are smoked, whiskey drank, antelope killed, processed and donated….because who would eat that crap. Rifle shipped to dealer in Chicago where you let it sit for 3 months because they won't let your staff pick it up or drive it to you. You go pick it up or ask them to sell it for whatever they can get.

Not sure, but I think this happens. Sometimes you keep the rifle as like a trophy.

Edit: My disgusting story aside, I think Gunwerks builds a good rifle and I cannot judge value vs price for another person.
Or you have the guy/gal that owns his small plumbing company and works his/her butt off while making a VERY nice living. Employs a few people that he's responsible for and pays them a good wage. Calls up "Gunwerks" and buys a complete turnkey package because he can, it's immensely time saving for him, and he knows he's getting exactly what he wants. 2 weeks later he jumps in his F250 on Thursday evening and drives 14 hours there to pick it up, shoot it, spend the night or two and drive 14 hours back to home because he can only take a 3 day weekend. Monday at 4 the alarm clock sounds to roll out of bed, gets to the office at 5 and it starts all over again. Ya got to love the USA, we live in the best country. Just saying…….

PS-Antelope taste excellent. My wife's favorite wild game. Not sure why it gets such a bad wrap.

Have a great day all!