Great deal on Leupold Mark 4 LRT M1 Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dwm, Sep 2, 2004.

1. dwm

dwm Well-Known Member

$669 NIB - Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm Mil-Dot Reticle Matte (2003 Model) at MidwayUSA.com

This is the best deal I have ever seen on this scope, maybe last years model, but still a steal.

Doug

2. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

...I agree, best price ever... they also had the 8.5-25 model for $699... nothing compares to these scopes for the same money... jmo

3. Jeff In TX

Jeff In TX Well-Known Member

I maybe wrong, but I don't think so. The Leuy Mark 4 scopes are fixed powered scopes and not variables.

The Tactical 6.5 - 20X 50mm LRM1 (they have some other powers also) by Leupold is a VariX-III, not a Mark 4. The LRM1 uses the same Mark 4 turrets, by the scope wall thickness on the Mark 4 is almost twice that of the VariX models and even there new VX line.

I think I'm correct on this. Hope it helps. It still a great price.

4. milanuk

milanuk Well-Known Member

5. Jeff In TX

Jeff In TX Well-Known Member

I would say, I was incorrect and I stand corrected.

However, I just talked with the folks at Premier reticle. Leupold changed the name of the Vari-X III tactical line to the Mark 4 line. Same exact scope as the Vari-X III line with a different name.

Also, the tube thickness of a Mark 4 fix power scope is still almost twice that of the newer variable line.

Thanks for the link, it's great information to know.

6. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

Jeff,

You are kind of right. The 2003 Models were actually considered Vari-X III's, but Leupold changed their name to Mark 4 LR/T's for the 2004 models.

7. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Leupold doesn't even know what they offer now! Their wheels are spinning off.

8. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Just purchased a 4.5-14 Leupy Mark 4 for my new Savage Striker .243 WSSM that i intend to use for LR coyote hunting. Just hope the 3.6" eye relief will work without a break. Any suggestions on a Premier reticle for it??

I'm thinking of sending it back to have the windage turret removed to enhance the portability of the rig, as i don't think i need it for hunting. I intend to use a windage dot or 2. Any suggestions??

9. Shoot'n Hogs

Shoot'n Hogs Member

the 3.6" eye relief shouldn't be a problem. I have the same scope on my 300rum. The scope hasn't kissed my eye yet.