Great deal on Leupold Mark 4 LRT M1 Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm

dwm

$669 NIB - Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 50mm Mil-Dot Reticle Matte (2003 Model) at MidwayUSA.com

This is the best deal I have ever seen on this scope, maybe last years model, but still a steal.

Doug

I maybe wrong, but I don't think so. The Leuy Mark 4 scopes are fixed powered scopes and not variables.

The Tactical 6.5 - 20X 50mm LRM1 (they have some other powers also) by Leupold is a VariX-III, not a Mark 4. The LRM1 uses the same Mark 4 turrets, by the scope wall thickness on the Mark 4 is almost twice that of the VariX models and even there new VX line.

I think I'm correct on this. Hope it helps. It still a great price.

I would say, I was incorrect and I stand corrected.

However, I just talked with the folks at Premier reticle. Leupold changed the name of the Vari-X III tactical line to the Mark 4 line. Same exact scope as the Vari-X III line with a different name.

Also, the tube thickness of a Mark 4 fix power scope is still almost twice that of the newer variable line.

Thanks for the link, it's great information to know.

Jeff,

You are kind of right. The 2003 Models were actually considered Vari-X III's, but Leupold changed their name to Mark 4 LR/T's for the 2004 models.

Just purchased a 4.5-14 Leupy Mark 4 for my new Savage Striker .243 WSSM that i intend to use for LR coyote hunting. Just hope the 3.6" eye relief will work without a break. Any suggestions on a Premier reticle for it??

I'm thinking of sending it back to have the windage turret removed to enhance the portability of the rig, as i don't think i need it for hunting. I intend to use a windage dot or 2. Any suggestions??

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.