Got the baits out a week ago and they are getting hit.

MNhunter86

Here's a couple from this weekend. Any guess on size of these guys? Season opens up on September 1st so I'm getting excited!

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 140
  • PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 131
  • PICT0031.jpg
    PICT0031.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0036.jpg
    PICT0036.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 149
I am guessing tose 2 bears to be 4 footers, maybe 4.5. They are fairly slender & show a lot of leg. However they have great coats. Just seeing a bear is a very special treat. Good luck on your hunt. Ours opens Sunday here in Idaho along with Upland Game. You can bet that I will be out there looking for a bear & a few grouse for Sunday evening dinner. Don't get no better than that!!!
Thanks, Kirk

I am guessing tose 2 bears to be 4 footers, maybe 4.5. They are fairly slender & show a lot of leg. However they have great coats.

From what I can see of the ears I think Catahoula is in the right range. Nice coats, and a bunch of fun just to hunt.

Ours is supposed to be starting September 1, as well. I'll likely wait for a bit of rain. They have shut us down in September before, for less.

The camera's add a great dimension to the game, Thanks for posting them. Good pictures.

Checking the camera's is by far my favorite part of bear hunting. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some more footage and maybe a bigger one will show up. Yeah there coats do look pretty sweet I'm guessing they hate summer or they do a lot of hanging out in water to keep cool.

I'm curious on why your waiting for a bit of rain?

........I'm curious on why your waiting for a bit of rain? ...............................
At least one of our hunting spots is on fire, a couple smoldering, thick smoke limiting visibility some days, and it's scary dry in places, at times.

I expect to see access officially denied, or season's being modified. We've already had some modifications to the fishing season here.

At least one of our hunting spots is on fire, a couple smoldering, thick smoke limiting visibility some days, and it's scary dry in places, at times.

I expect to see access officially denied, or season's being modified. We've already had some modifications to the fishing season here.

Gotcha yeah if its on fire or still smoldering I don't think their is going to be to much wildlife in the area. We have had plenty of rain here all summer. Some of the ATV trails are so muddy and flooded that its getting kind of difficult to get around in some areas.

MNhunter...where are you hunting in MN? I have a bait up by Lake Bronson and it's hot too. Tons of water everywhere. I have one bear that's sits at the crib all day and guards it like Ft. Knox. It's quite comical. Good luck on your hunt. I look forward to seeing your bear!

Jayson

Good looking bear. Been waiting 4 years for my tag here in Michigan. I get one every 4 to 5 years as i get points. Problem is the years I draw in to busy with work and the years Ive got the time I cant go. I'm gonna see how hard it is to transfer a tag to an out of stater just in case I cant go. We need five points which is crazy cause we have lots of bear. Good luck this year

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.