Spring bait is out *Another Bear down *

Re: Spring bait is out *Kill Video added*

Very Nice! Looks like you brought him out whole, how did that work? Your camera work keeps getting better, it looks like a nice relaxed Wyoming morning. Makes the viewer wish he was there.

Very Nice! Looks like you brought him out whole, how did that work? Your camera work keeps getting better, it looks like a nice relaxed Wyoming morning. Makes the viewer wish he was there.

The good ole game cart got him out. Much better than trying to case him out in the hills. it was a 2 man job to move him a whole lot on the ground. The cart made the whole thing pretty simple. I just dropped him off at the taxidermist and they are going to case him and tan it like a coyote hide and ill throw him over the couch.

On a side note I moved my trail cam again i think this will be the best angle yet now that I have learned a little better where the bears like to sit when they feed.

My taxidermist just called and my bear is 6'6"

Does the state age them for you? Kind of curious looks long and lanky like a teenager before they fill out, but it can't be easy grubbing around with bad feet.

Carl,

Yes they do age them. They take a tooth and they send you a post card back several months later with their findings. Last years was 18.5 years old im guessing this one to be around 6

Carl,

Yes they do age them. They take a tooth and they send you a post card back several months later with their findings. Last years was 18.5 years old im guessing this one to be around 6

Good job on your bear. Spring bear hunting is addicting for sure. I closed the deal on mine on the 19th and I already can't wait for next year.

Mike,

Have you ever tried eating bear? It is actually pretty good. You can render the fat down and it makes a better water proof for leather than mink oil. I have always been curious about killing a bear in Wyoming, you don't have to take the meat, right? Many years ago when I hunted bears in CA we had to take the meat and did our best to make it taste good. The only time I ever see bears where I hunt is when I don't buy a bear tag. Maybe this fall will be better. Who do you use for your taxidermist?

I have never tried bear meat. I used to have hounds and hunted for years with Ed and Ben Barnes outof worland there over on the 15 mile for coons. After watching bears the last few years they are just big coons to me and I'm not interested in eating either! Haha I use natures design over in cody

They allow you to just waste Bear meat in Wyoming? If its cooked right it is fabulous

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.