Couple bears hitting the bait !

Sendero_Man

Yogi and Boo-Boo :grin:

pict01831.jpg

pict0209.jpg

$5.00 Footlong !! lol

pict0237.jpg

pict0232.jpg

Cool. Looks like 2 different bears, The night time bear(s) looks a bit larger, but it could be the angle. Either way those are some good pics. Thanks for letting us look.

yes they are 2 different bears. have lots of pics of them.

the bottom of the barrel is about 24" of the ground and the 1st ring up on the barrel is about 34"

the smaller bear comes just a little past the bottom of the barrel when right next to it and the bigger bear is right at the first ring.

The big bear only hits it at night..... :-(

Go in there around 7:00 and start a honey burn or bear crack to see it you can stir up the big fella a couple hours earlier.

If you access your site with an ATV, have someone drop you off and drive away on the ATV and meet up with you later. Many times bears will associate the ATV noise with more food and they stay just far enough away to listen for the ATV to leave so they can move in to get the fresh food.

what is the best way to do a honey burn ?

I walk in from about 3/4 mile out. Leave my truck down the ridge. Not positive, but I wouldn't think they could hear my rig that far away.

thanks.

what is the best way to do a honey burn ?

I walk in from about 3/4 mile out. Leave my truck down the ridge. Not positive, but I wouldn't think they could hear my rig that far away.

thanks.

I've done honey burns by boiling some water and mixing honey into the boiling water until the smell is sweet enough to permeate the air. I've brought in bears by doing the same thing with anise concentrate too. Bear crack is a mixture of heating a number of sweet and tasty foods together to bring the bears in. Most mixtures include marshmallows, Jell-O powder, syrup and sugar.

Another thing you could try is a bait ball hung high in a tree. When I bait in AK I get a bait ball for each bait site from Jessy at www.baitem907.com

She has multiple products made specifically for bringing bears to your site and they work very well. You can see some of my photos on her testimonial page.

Here is some info from Cameron Hanes' blog http://www.eastmans.com/cameron/2006/05/bear-crack-the-recipe/

Last edited:
Cool... thanks for the info.

Did the honey burn last night, brought a bear in about 45 minutes into it that I hadn't seen yet.

nice one about 26-28 tall. White patch on chest. Not the big boy yet, but a shooter if the big one doesn't show soon.

that makes 5 different bears that have been around. the little guy is gone, pushed out I am sure. now I have 2 medium guys that are mostly daylight and the PIG that shows only in the dark on the pics.

Congrats on your success. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.