Spring bait is out *Another Bear down *

Re: Spring bait is out *Kill Video added*

**** you make me jealous. :D Hats off my friend, errr Mr. Mayor...

What made you decide to change calibers this year?

t

**** you make me jealous. :D Hats off my friend, errr Mr. Mayor...

What made you decide to change calibers this year?

t

I bought the Tikka 338 because it is a light little rifle and I thought it would make a nice compact rifle to fit on the 4wheeler for bear hunting, plus the new rifle needed a kill under its belt so seemed like a good choice.

Mike,

Have you ever tried eating bear? It is actually pretty good. You can render the fat down and it makes a better water proof for leather than mink oil. I have always been curious about killing a bear in Wyoming, you don't have to take the meat, right? Many years ago when I hunted bears in CA we had to take the meat and did our best to make it taste good. The only time I ever see bears where I hunt is when I don't buy a bear tag. Maybe this fall will be better. Who do you use for your taxidermist?

Best burger I ever had came from a bear! It was small, nothing but milk and berry fed. I've been present when the hide came off a BC grizzly (Boone and Crockett, and British Columbia). Salmon fed and in his mid 20's, nobody even considered eating it NASTY! Buried it with a front loader. The skull boiled and bleached turned yellow again with the fish oil oozing out, 2006 and you can still smell the fish on it. Fed right they're decent, cook so the grease runs off. Bear fat used to be rendered down, and was favored by the better pastry chefs for crust and such. Years ago I worked with a woman whose father supplemented their income keeping the local hotels and restaurants supplied. Can't say how it would work in these days of virgin olive oil etc..

I thought it was Mikey that ate anything, went something like give it to Mikey he'll eat anything. **** I am getting old, nice job Mike.

Well we went out again on Saturday to try to get my dad a bear and when I came around the corner to where I could see up the hill to the bait there was already a bear sitting on it. I had a couple pics of this bear and knew it wasnt huge but it head really nice hair and a white chest patch just like every other bear we have killed off of this bait. It was killed with his 300 wby /180TTSX 173 yards. Here are a couple pics. Click on the last pic its a video.

That looks like a pretty decent size bear and the shot sure rolled him. His color is nice and he has a pretty nice head and good nails on those paws! Will you make the hide into a rug or what?

Are you still going to take some hunters for the fall hunt as you discussed. I know you were looking for some more people to hunt it?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.