Good Small Game Rimfire Scope

Tiny Tim

Hey all. Looking for some recommendations on a sub $200.00 rimfire scope. Its for a heavy barreled Savage bolt action 17 HMR. Shots under 200 yards (most within 100) for squirrels and rabbits primarily. Been looking at the Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32, but am concerned about low light capabilities and some of the reticle choices are very coarse (like 1/2 MOA thick). Always been impressed with Nikons glass for the price, but we all know where they stand with rifle optics. Have also considered a SWFA fixed, and while more money, I may consider upgrading if there is nothing truly acceptable in my price range. Thanks for any and all input!

I recommend the Leupold VX-Freedom. I have the adjustable objective model that is a little higher than $200 but the normal 2-7 and 3-9 have fixed 60 yard parallax and are $199.99 on Midway.

Might be more then you want but take a look at the Cabela's Covanent 5 5-25x56. My thought is you could pick up the SFP for right around $200. I have been test ing one out and they have a very fine dot in the center of their reticle. Looking at one is free and I think probably worth thelook.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.