Recommendations for a rimfire scope.

AJ Peacock

All,

A friend of mine just bought a Savage .17HMR and asked me to recommend a scope for the rifle. My first thought would be the 3x9x32 Sightron RimFire scope. It has a fixed paralax at 50yds (he will probably never shoot beyond 100yds, as it's for groundhogs and squirrels around his place).

Any comments or other recommendations would be great. He has 1" rings for the rifle.

Thanks in advance,
AJ

All,

A friend of mine just bought a Savage .17HMR and asked me to recommend a scope for the rifle. My first thought would be the 3x9x32 Sightron RimFire scope. It has a fixed paralax at 50yds (he will probably never shoot beyond 100yds, as it's for groundhogs and squirrels around his place).

Any comments or other recommendations would be great. He has 1" rings for the rifle.

Thanks in advance,
AJ

AJ.

I bought a Nikon Buck masters 4.5x14x40 with the nikoplex reticle and side focus for my
17 HMR Custom and I really like it.

Very good glass.fine reticle,low target turrets and side focus.

The fine retical improved the group size @ 100 yards because the standard duplex coverd
to much target.

I had looked at the 6.5x 18 x40 but it had tall knobs and I wanted a lower profile for hunting.

I also looked at the 50mm and it was to big and not necessary at the distances I was going to
shoot .

With the side focus the paralax was not a problem.

SWFA has them on sale often but the regular price is under $300,oo.

They will both focus under 25 yards and that can be a plus when hunting.

It looks good and works good.

J E CUSTOM

I put a 3-9x40 Nikon Pro-Staff on my Savage .17HMR and it has worked well.

I agree I have a couple of the on guns I don't shoot much past 100 yds. They are good little scopes for the price. I don't have that Sightron, and can't see why it wouldn't be a good choice either there's no sense beatin' up the wallet for range in question.

I would recommend taking a look at the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32. This scope is top notch and it one of the best buys in a rimfire scope. You can do a search on rimfirecentral.com and you will see nothing but positive feedback.

I really like my mueller. clear glass and the adjustments are very repeatable and accurate.
great warranty too which to me is important. I can be pretty rough on my guns..not intentionally of course, but it happens :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.