Good Luck 2021 CO ML Hunters!

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Just giving a shout out to all front stuffers heading out for the hunts, for a safe and prosperous hunt. I get the chance to go on my first ever ML hunt, for elk in unit 7. Pretty excited with that feeling I'm going to pop... he has nice acreage adjacent to BLM and NF lands and I got my eye to set my blind on a treeline overlooking a creek. Cheers all

Good luck to all the muzzy guys!!!-- I'm guessing water sources may not pay off as well as in dry years-- there is quite a bit of water and food around this year with all the rain we had.

Are you doing any scouting before next Saturday? I plan on going up a few days early to see what I can see. If you have a buddy that archery hunts in the same area he can scout for you since they are already out there

Hopefully you practiced with those open sights--- I'm good out to 200y, first round hits every time on a 10" gong, after 200 I have problems judging the drop, plus I loose alot of velocity and energy out that far anyway.

Good luck to all the muzzy guys!!!-- I'm guessing water sources may not pay off as well as in dry years-- there is quite a bit of water and food around this year with all the rain we had.

Are you doing any scouting before next Saturday? I plan on going up a few days early to see what I can see. If you have a buddy that archery hunts in the same area he can scout for you since they are already out there

Hopefully you practiced with those open sights--- I'm good out to 200y, first round hits every time on a 10" gong, after 200 I have problems judging the drop, plus I loose alot of velocity and energy out that far anyway.
We'll only need the Friday before the hunt to survey our spots for fresh sign.
That's some good shooting to 200! I'm only consistent at 100 but that's ok. I've really liked to fiberoptic sights of my TC Impact. Let's go get some.

I got better accuracy when I switched from f.o. to adj. rear peep and front globe with fine cross hairs.

I went through quite a few front/rear sights before I found my current setup.

My eyes just work better with the "closed/round" rear peep and front globe-- I can line up 2 "circles" much more accurately than open/post type sights.