Good caliber for hunting Pronghorn in WY or CO

A Creedmore would be fine with a rangefinder but I still struggle to wonder why anyone would want to spend money on a gun to disadvantage themselves in such a way on a real hunt unless they are really small or extremely recoil adverse with so many fun options. If you want a challenge bring your smoke stick or crossbow instead..lol (That actually would be fun).

I have to ask, what disadvantages would a creedmoor have?

And don't forget, ALL 3 of, the .270's with, most,.. 130-140 grain, Bullets, as they are, Fast and Flat !
There are a lot of good choices. 25-06, 07-08, .6.5 PRC or CM….

My .270 Wby accounted for, 7 of them, in Wyoming ( PRE-Range finder, Days ) 130's "cooking along" at, 3,300 FPS !
To answer, WYO37's question,..
I would use my, 6.5 Creed Today, NO Problem, with,.. a Range Finder, IF past, 300 Yards ( 200 yd., Zero ) remember,.. ALL, Bullets, "Drop" !
Guessing that, IT would, kill Fine out to, 600 - 650 yards, "Power wise" with, the 130 gr. to, 143's !
The 6.5 Creed., IS, a FINE, Deer / Antelope, Cartridge at most, "Reasonable Ranges", Bullet, Dependent of course.

Last edited:
If this is your first trip West then it likely will not be your last trip.,, Get a gun with all potential species in mind from antelope - mule deer - elk and even moose? I built a 7 STW for my first trip that has now accumulated for several antelope and mule deer as well as an occasional coyote and all were one shot stops. I shoot 154 grain interlocks over IMR 7828.