getting the trifecta

ARlife4me

Checking in on what is more important to you? Several sort by weight, then there's length, then ogive. If you had to choose 1 of the 3, what would it be?

1) weight
2) length
3) ogive (ctbo)

If you could only choose 2 of the 3, what would they be?

I've never checked ctbo before as not having the tool necessary to check. Weight I haven't checked before as I only had a beam scale (yes I could, but chose not too). Length never came to thought as I don't shoot prc type matches, only shoot varmints and targets for 0ing. These forums brought many things to life, but I've changed some of my reloading habits on bullet selecting.

Sorting bullets? I used to do BTO then I did bearing surface length. Then I got really crazy and did bearing surface followed by weight. I had a small parts sorter, like the ones that used to come filled with screws and nuts and bolts and washers, I labeled the compartments vertically by BTO and horizontally by weight..... it was a dark time in my life 🤣 Now after reading Litz's Volume 3 book I sort by overall length using calipers.

If mean loaded rounds, IMO there's too much variability in case weight that has no correlation to case capacity for total weight to matter. I set the seating die for CBTO and spot check in the batch - unless I sort the bullets going in I don't get upset over a =/-0.001" variance from the set point. I do not adjust the die at all during the batch trying to make them all match exactly.