The scammer's are getting good

Stick to known reputable sources, period.
I have some logging equipment for sale and this fellow gave me a bank check for 106k but I was feeling sceptical n took it to my bank n the teller of my bank says yes it will be only a 2 day hold but when I asked if we can be positive that the check is good she says let her call the other bank n after 20 min or so that bank said they have no record of a check for that amount on that date being issued n it now the dude won't answer the phone so….guilty as charged….but it almost cost me a lot of money the thieving crook..so moral of the story you can't be to cautious n the crooks are getting more slick n harder to spot

Come across a website this morning for Honor Ammo Shop. They had stock in stock Barnes 6.5 Grendel which was red flag but figured I'd dig deeper. They have a address in Wheat Ridge Colorado and a phone number. Can't copy or paste either do to being protected.

They have fb, Twitter and Instagram links as well. Twitter is closed fb and Instagram go links go to a web design page. Of course payment with 15% off was with Zelle or PayPal.

Thought I'd pass it along
Thanks so much, these scammers are messing with the wrong people,

I didn't see that in their info? But wouldn't reloading components be considered "goods"?
Only when you pay through "goods and services" --- if you use the "friends and family" form of payment there are no protections. --- if you read the fine print on paypals website they offer no protection for guns or anything gun related--- ask some members here who have lost thousands from PayPal anti 2a policies

Well, that is too bad, that term "anything gun related" is wide open for interpretation is it not? A gun case, a range bag, a shooting vest, a bench sand bag - all gun related. That really sucks.

If the company accepts Major Credit cards "directly", chances they are safe to deal with. One reason is with the major US base cards you can dispute the charges and most likely get your money back (it might be a hassle) if what you purchased was not delivered. The card company as access to the seller's banking account.

I operate a small company that sell products to the shooters. I accept these major cards, had to do some hoop jumping initially to get approved. They wanted to be assured that I was legit. Happy to say that I have never had a "chargeback" in ~ 5years. But they exchange funds into and out of my account on a regular basis.

Well, that is too bad, that term "anything gun related" is wide open for interpretation is it not? A gun case, a range bag, a shooting vest, a bench sand bag - all gun related. That really sucks.
Yes--iirc hammer bullets lots quite a bit of $ through paypal when they told him he violated their policy by selling bullets ( not loaded ammo) -- last I knew they kept thousands of $$ of his $ and I don't think he was able to get it back-- he had been using pp for quite a while too with no problems.

I also notice that some larger internet sellers will have pp as an option but if you buy guns or reloading components they will not allow pp as a payment form -- better to not give your $$ to anti 2a companies anyway.

It's always good to actually read the fine print so you know the stipulations