Getting ready for the fall

ndking1126

Preparing for an elk trip this year and I put my new scope on today. It's a Vortex Razor HD LHT.

My Shilen Savage prefit has been on order for about 7 weeks, so that should be here in about a month.

I'll order my stock from Bell and Carlson probably this week. I wanted to put the scope on and make sure I'd have enough eye relief first. (I have another stock just like it on another rifle.)

I've got a Timney trigger I'll ask my 'smith to put on when he changes the barrel.

I've had ammo on order from Federal for just shy of 4 months (cause I can't find any locally!). Hopefully it comes in time....

2 weeks ago I had ankle surgery. I needed that fixed so I can get back in shape.

I haven't been this excited about hunting this early in the year in a long time!

The planning and getting ready is always big time fun! I'll be replacing my left knee soon as spring bear is over so that I can get back in shape for October elk..

Do all the PT and then some!

The planning and getting ready is always big time fun! I'll be replacing my left knee soon as spring bear is over so that I can get back in shape for October elk..

Do all the PT and then some!
PThas been the story of my life since late January when I had my stroke. Wyoming apps for lope & deer are in as i missed the elk draw while hospitalized. Several builds in progress right now with load development looming. Hopefully I will have use of my left hand again soon? It's swollen, weak and tingling asleep
When the draw results are in in a few weeks I will be raring to go hunting.
Good luck on your ankle healing and getting back to normal in a timely fadhion.also good luck on your hunt.

Last edited: