Georgia sheepdog fights off, kills 8 coyotes after pack attacks his sheep

People that have not been affected or know about Coyotes have no idea what is here and coming down the future road. States should bring back the Bounty Rewards for Coyote Kills. It is only going to get worse, and the Deer/Turkey Pet population is going to keep getting unhealthier

Wow this story about Great Pyrenees in GA is getting around. I saw several other stories on the internet PLUS:
I just got out of the hospital a few days ago and people know that we have Goats along with a Bernese Mountain Dog (150#s) and also see our new puppy Cassie a Great Pyrenees that's 9 months and about 90# out in the field.

Several people stopped by and asked if we "Rent" out Dogs for protecting their stock especially when the livestock are birthing. Don't know where they got the "Dog Rental" idea. Had people ask to rent our Goats to clear brush before. I told them no on the Dog Rental, but that I could come over to their property and evaluate the land & livestock and try to remove any Coyotes through a hunting them.
As soon as I get better, I have a few more farms that I have access to hunt Yotes now.

We see more farms now with Great Pyrenees in the fields with livestock.
Certified Great Pyrenees that are bred just for livestock protection are in demand all over now.

Cassie has a really strong bone structure and muscles. She came out of a litter specifically bred for Livestock Protection.
Jill and I are going to Breed Cassie at least one time after her second Heat. Want to breed with another Pyrenees or Bernese Mountain Stud and donate the litter to Veterans so they would have a good companion. These dogs are good as far as "Attachment" when raised properly.

Also thought about breeding her to a Wolf/dog Stud since she has the physical body of a Wolf. That would make a "Coyote Killer" Cross Breed for sure. These dogs would go to Livestock Farms.

Got Samson and Cassie both sleeping on my feet right now. Just trying to keep myself occupied reading the LRH Forum and also talking with other Shooters/reloaders/hunters/and just GOOD Friends. It is hard mentally getting through this latest medical procedure. So I might just ramble on with some subjects.

Way back in HS I had about 30 Soffolk PB show sheep. We got two Pyrenees and were at the kitchen table for the first killing. The cut off coyote cut in behind them and Dufus and Cutter just kept going after the bait dog. When the cut coyote got right behind Dufus she turned and the coyote ran away the normal 10 feet and stopped. Dufus never stopped and rolled the coyote and it was dead before Cutter could get turned around and back to help. Another thing was how they felt no pain. Saw many a dog fight with 3-4 heelers and bird dogs all on one or the other. Dufus or Cutter never once yelped and if you did not start kicking dogs and break it up quick they would single out one and try to kill it.
These "Stock Dog" do feel pain, but won't let it get in the way of being protective. They also won't bark if they know that there is something considered a "Threat". That way they can "Stock" the threat.
Samson is great protecting our animals BUT God help any person that Tries to hurt Jill or I. Samson is 150#s of muscle and teeth. He could rip the bumper off a truck so imagine what he could do to a person. His adrenaline is so high he would not feel anything even if you shot him.
Animals process pain a lot different than humans.
We have Zombi Squirrels here and unfortunately one was in our garage. I got between the Zombi squirrel and the outside door so it attacked/jump on my leg in the garage. Samson grabbed that squirrel off my leg, bit in in half and threw it 15' into the air. Then Cassie took over with the remains. If it was not for Samson I might not be here today.
You have to be really fast on the Draw with a firearm to shoot these squirrels or have a good Canine to protect you here in GA.

Attachments

• Georgia Squirrels waiting for a treat.png
    Georgia Squirrels waiting for a treat.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Pups work hard guarding the property and need some down time. They ran some critters off the property around 9:00pm. Cassie came back all ORANGE from the GA Soil and a dust up. Have to split Samson & Cassie guard shifts so one is on duty at all times.
Going to order them some Kevlar Vests and Collars for extra protection.
Can't wait to get back to Yote hunting. Got the Staples/Stiches out of my neck and back from the Surgery today and had the Spinal Cord Stimulator turned on. Hopefully Jan 2023 can get back into the stands!

Attachments

• Resting after Patroling the property.jpg
    Resting after Patroling the property.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 8