8 Big Horn Sheep Killed

RockyMtnMT, I agree on the fine issue, most drivers in a pick-up or car are going to try to avoid hitting anything. But sp6X6 has a point with the semi, most of those guys don't slow down unless it's a moose, elk or bovine cow. I hired a livestock trucker a couple of years back to haul some cattle for me. I rode with him and got an eye opener. This guy was talking a mile a minute doing about 55 or 60 on a back country highway. A doe and half grown fawn were crossing the highway in front of us, no other cars in sight, and this guy never slowed down driving or talking. I did'nt expect him to slam on the brakes but I thought he would have at least have let off the throttle and said oh shi#. Bump, Bump never even acted like it happened. I quizzed him about it and all he said was "Oh you can't slow down for for the small stuff". Fences, underpasses when feasable would be a real help but when there are flashing lights and warning signs these guys need to slow down. I also didn't know the critters like that crap they put on the highway. From what i've heard its not good on aluminimum or paint.

sp6x6, You said "That semi trucker had a big cow catcher bumper and just mowed the sheep over, total disriguard for them" What's your source?

Chase 1, I t has been a while ago so I dont remeber the detail ver batium. But to sum it up it happened, and my wife was a proffesional reporter for 17 yrs, you never reveal your source:D Side note, my wife was one of the most awarded news casters in MT. 5 time E.B. Craney award, highest AP contributer, etc. Father-inlaw broadcaster hall of fame:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts