Georgia sheepdog fights off, kills 8 coyotes after pack attacks his sheep

Those coyotes running in larger pacts are bold and vicious.
Was hunting in Central Oregon a really long time ago....30 years or so....
While hunting allover the ranch we(6 of us) saw little to nothing of deer sign...that nite we decided to take a drive to the 'Schwab Ranch' to see what animals were using the pivots.....before we got there we noticed eyeballs running across the road ahead of us.....figured they were the pronghorn herd hanging in the area....when we got closer.....the materialized into.........coyotes.......about 40 of them........they had packed up somewhere on the schwab ranch fringe and were out looking for food....I bet they ate their share of deer and pronghorn and their youngins'........
Guy we hunted with had a big mixed Shepard and something else.....125# dog...did not like me.......it disappeared from the ranch....never found....owner thought his father in law killed it....cause the dog didnt like him either.......
Guessing Carl and I were good company...even if that dang dog didn't like us.....

Here you go @Coyote Shadow Tracker!!

Craig thanks
Samson is 150#s Bernese Mountain Dog but old and past his expiration date, so we got Cassie a Great Pyrenees she is 5 months in the picture a 50#s. She is now 9 months and 90#s. When grown most likely 120#s +++. Our dogs were bred for Protection of animals and Jill & I.
Samson has killed several coyotes in past years. They didn't stand a chance with him.
Cassie came from a specific "Stock Breed" to protect Live Stock. She has the official "22" toes. (5) on each front feet and (6) on each back foot. Gives better traction in all terrains.

Attachments

• Cassie 5 months.jpg
    Cassie 5 months.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Cassie and Samson.jpg
    Cassie and Samson.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 44
  • Cassie climbing.jpg
    Cassie climbing.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 44
We have coyotes all around us except for our house. Samson and now Cassie keep them at bay. We have an outside/inside cat-Oreo for 14 years now and is lame in the front legs, but coyotes haven't got him yet. Never had a Goat attacked, but had human coyotes try to steal them.
The Yotes have killed all the neighbor's small dogs or cats if outside and the only chickens around are living in well-built facilities. Nobody has ducks or geese on their ponds or creeks.
Samson and I would walk down an old road by our house looking for Yotes. Had them stalk us with them on both sides of the road. Samson has caught a few and killed them in about (3) seconds once he grabbed them. He one time grabbed a yote by the head and threw it in the air about (6') killing it. Another time he chased one and it ran into an old cattle fence (could not get away) and Samson almost ripped it in half.
I always travel with our .223 SBR in vehicle and never go without a firearm on the back property or going into the neighbor's woods.
Years ago, the DNR said that you can kill 75% of Coyotes in your area and it won't hurt the population.
Can't wait to recover from this operation and hope that it helped. Have several stands already set up for night hunting.
Shoot everyone you see!!!

Craig thanks
Samson is 150#s Bernese Mountain Dog but old and past his expiration date, so we got Cassie a Great Pyrenees she is 5 months in the picture a 50#s. She is now 9 months and 90#s. When grown most likely 120#s +++. Our dogs were bred for Protection of animals and Jill & I.
Samson has killed several coyotes in past years. They didn't stand a chance with him.
Cassie came from a specific "Stock Breed" to protect Live Stock. She has the official "22" toes. (5) on each front feet and (6) on each back foot. Gives better traction in all terrains.
Way back in HS I had about 30 Soffolk PB show sheep. We got two Pyrenees and were at the kitchen table for the first killing. The cut off coyote cut in behind them and Dufus and Cutter just kept going after the bait dog. When the cut coyote got right behind Dufus she turned and the coyote ran away the normal 10 feet and stopped. Dufus never stopped and rolled the coyote and it was dead before Cutter could get turned around and back to help. Another thing was how they felt no pain. Saw many a dog fight with 3-4 heelers and bird dogs all on one or the other. Dufus or Cutter never once yelped and if you did not start kicking dogs and break it up quick they would single out one and try to kill it.

Way back in HS I had about 30 Soffolk PB show sheep. We got two Pyrenees and were at the kitchen table for the first killing. The cut off coyote cut in behind them and Dufus and Cutter just kept going after the bait dog. When the cut coyote got right behind Dufus she turned and the coyote ran away the normal 10 feet and stopped. Dufus never stopped and rolled the coyote and it was dead before Cutter could get turned around and back to help. Another thing was how they felt no pain. Saw many a dog fight with 3-4 heelers and bird dogs all on one or the other. Dufus or Cutter never once yelped and if you did not start kicking dogs and break it up quick they would single out one and try to kill it.
Great Pyrenees are definitely "Killer" Dogs. If you get one make sure you know the "Breeder".
A lot of Pyrenees Breeders today are your garden variety of AKC just looking to get money from a litter. Most of these are not Bred as "Stock" Dogs.
Then the raising and training of the Great Pyrenees from the Puppy. Great Pyrenees can be raised a "Family Dog", but I have seen some kill family pet geese & chickens just because they were not trained properly.
A lot of Pyrenees are Bred for just Stock Animal Protection. AND NOT A PET. You can get a Pyrenees Puppy and put it out with your livestock to live with 24/7/365. All you do is feed them and they automatically know what the job is. They are not out there to play fetch; they are there to protect and kill anything that shows harm to the livestock in their care.
It is difficult to change a Stock Dog to a House Dog. Know what kind of a Great Pyrenees you are going to raise. A GOOD/GREAT Breeded will tell you all this.

Our Cassie was a SPECIAL gift from our good friend and Veterinarian. Cassie was hand-picked out of all the Breeders from the SE. She was picked from a Breeder that specifically Bred Pyrenees for Protection. This Breeder has their all Pyrenees living with & protecting livestock all over the Country/World. The Sire was 170#s and the Dam 120#s +. They can stand and put their front paws on top of a 6' man's shoulders and look into his eyes. Cassie has the required (5) toes on each front paw and (6) on each back Paw. Twenty Two combined. This is for better footing, climbing and holding on to an animal they don't want to get away.
I have Bred, Raised and Trained English Pointers, English Setters, Britneys, Golden Retrievers, Labs, Bernese Mountain Dogs and now our second Great Pyrenees.
Cassie is being trained for a House Pet although her breed is just living and protecting livestock. She is following a lot of Samsons actions, so it is somewhat easy. Jill may have a different view. Pyrenees are very smart and could just want to do what they want to do so you need to know how to train.
Now over many years we have Rescued many Cats & Kittens. Samson treated them like his own children. They sleep on him, played with him when he was younger and healthier and he would never let any harm come to them or the Goats outside, He used to Carrie the kittens in his mouth.
No Cassie is taking care of some of the cats, Cassie wants to play more and old cats do not want to, Cassie plays with Griffin putting Griffin's head in her mouth. No harm ever comes. Griffin always seems to get a lot of PAW PUNCHES in.
So now Cassie have been growing about 10# per month. She is 9 months and about 90#s. Her body looks like a Lean Wolf! Can't wait till she fills out and is an adult, probably around 36 months. So she some growing to do.
We are raisin her indoors, but also putting with the Goats. We think that she will be able to cross both lines on a house pup and stock guard dog. She is already challenging anyone persons, vehicles the come on the property. Drivers don't get out of the vehicle unless I call her away.

She is turning into being a GREAT home protector for Jill & I then the animals,
ANIMALS-- WHAT A TRIP THEY GIVE YOU UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IF THAT IS THE WAY YOU LOVED AND TRAINED THEM!!!

I've had a purebred Pyrenees male for almost 10 yrs Running with stock and he is a great guard dog, does a fine job and prevents most kills. Running the single Pyrenees, ive had no issues with coyotes or feral dogs but the cats got to my lambs with him in charge year after year and once they figure him out I loose a lamb everyday. For the last year I've been using a litter pair of Pyrenees/Anatolian neutered males and I've had no kills to my knowledge, could be the pair or possibly the breeding or maybe just the individuals but the cats haven't messed with my lambs since these two took over. I put the single Pyrenees male with a smaller herd close to the hq and he is loving life. Every ranch is different, every situation is different either way I love my guard dogs.