General UT Muzzleloader Deer

Browninglover, what is the black thing attached in front of the trigger guard?
It's a single shot sled. My stock was setup with M5 bottom metal for detachable mags when it was a 6.5 creedmoor. I put in this sled to keep crap out of the action and give somewhere for the priming modules to sit when loading them.

It's a single shot sled. My stock was setup with M5 bottom metal for detachable mags when it was a 6.5 creedmoor. I put in this sled to keep crap out of the action and give somewhere for the priming modules to sit when loading them.
Gotcha, I think, I've seen some of the primers that look like a cutoff '06 case, might be what you're referring to. I just graduated from musket caps to 209's in a CVA Apex 28" barrel.

Gotcha, I think, I've seen some of the primers that look like a cutoff '06 case, might be what you're referring to. I just graduated from musket caps to 209's in a CVA Apex 28" barrel.

Nice deer. Awesome hunt. At some point I do think we need to address the issues of what is a primitive weapon. Down south here a single shot centerfire 35 caliber and larger rifle is now legal as a muzzleloader primitive weapon.

Nice deer. Awesome hunt. At some point I do think we need to address the issues of what is a primitive weapon. Down south here a single shot centerfire 35 caliber and larger rifle is now legal as a muzzleloader primitive weapon.
This wasn't a primitive weapons hunt, it's a muzzleloader hunt. There are caliber restrictions and powder restrictions but you can use magnified scopes and sealed ignitions.

I 100% would support primitive hunts too and I'd build a 58 cal muzzy to shoot big old round balls at game.

Down here muzzle loader and primitive weapon are one in the same. It's a fine line for sure. I begrudge no one who follows the law and is successful.

Very, very, impressed, great job, congratulations. Prior to my eyesight going south I hunted muzzleloader for 20 years, elk and deer, but have never seen or attempted a shot like that. That's a real deal trophy.
For those that have trouble with iron sights a fire dot front and rear peep sight make a big difference for me. my eyes aren't That bad yet but these made a Big difference!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts