Garmin Xero question

Mike D Texas

So I may have to eat some crow here…..

After all the peer pressure here and elsewhere bragging on how good the Garmin Xero is, I purchased one. I had a 10% off code at Cabelas and plenty of points so I spent no money "out of pocket" to buy it.

I have to admit, it's stupid simple to operate and it operates well. As a LabRadar owner I didn't believe it had the ability to provide all of the data I wanted to see, and to some extent it could use some improvement, but after using it for the first time this weekend it will provide most of the data I want, albeit in a different format that I would like to see.

That said I do have one issue with it and maybe I'm just overlooking it. I originally synced it with my phone and that's what I had it paired with at the range. All data pulled in as expected and I was able to put in and/or modify all pertinent data that I wanted to.

However when I got home and paired it to my iPad, I could not get it to pull in the data from that range session. It only wants to seem to sync to the device that it's connected to when actually shooting each session. Am I missing something or is there no way to sync sessions to more than one device?

If that's the case that's a big issue with me because I can sync my LabRadar with multiple devices.

The only other issue I would like to see added in a future update would be a way to plug in environmental conditions during each shooting session. This is an easy way to track powder behavior across multiple temperature ranges.

So I may have to eat some crow here…..

After all the peer pressure here and elsewhere bragging on how good the Garmin Xero is, I purchased one. I had a 10% off code at Cabelas and plenty of points so I spent no money "out of pocket" to buy it.

I have to admit, it's stupid simple to operate and it operates well. As a LabRadar owner I didn't believe it had the ability to provide all of the data I wanted to see, and to some extent it could use some improvement, but after using it for the first time this weekend it will provide most of the data I want, albeit in a different format that I would like to see.

That said I do have one issue with it and maybe I'm just overlooking it. I originally synced it with my phone and that's what I had it paired with at the range. All data pulled in as expected and I was able to put in and/or modify all pertinent data that I wanted to.

However when I got home and paired it to my iPad, I could not get it to pull in the data from that range session. It only wants to seem to sync to the device that it's connected to when actually shooting each session. Am I missing something or is there no way to sync sessions to more than one device?

If that's the case that's a big issue with me because I can sync my LabRadar with multiple devices.

The only other issue I would like to see added in a future update would be a way to plug in environmental conditions during each shooting session. This is an easy way to track powder behavior across multiple temperature ranges.

I haven't tried to sync it to another device via bluetooth, so I cannot answer that part of your question.

As for environmental conditions, I use the Notes/Comments (can't quite remember what it is called) section of the session to put that data in.

You can export it to a shared drive or ICloud folder or document.

Attachments

• IMG_5962.png
    IMG_5962.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5963.png
    IMG_5963.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
I haven't tried to sync it to another device via bluetooth, so I cannot answer that part of your question.

As for environmental conditions, I use the Notes/Comments (can't quite remember what it is called) section of the session to put that data in.
Sure there work around a but I've grown used to this format.

IMG_1324.png

Well with anything new there is going to be differences. It's a matter of what you get used to. I love the Garmin, almost bought LR but glad I waited. IMHO The ease of use outweighs any negatives of transferring data from devices. Maybe it will grow on you a little more after some use.

Well with anything new there is going to be differences. It's a matter of what you get used to. I love the Garmin, almost bought LR but glad I waited. IMHO The ease of use outweighs any negatives of transferring data from devices. Maybe it will grow on you a little more after some use.
I love the functionality and simplicity of it. I just hope they don't sit on it and not make improvements through firmware and software updates.

This may be a dumb suggestion, but when you pair to the new device, make sure BT is turned off on your phone. Just in case the two are competing for connection.

ETA: And there is also a circular "sync" button you can try. Select the C1 icon in upper right corner, the select the C1 device in the list (probably the only device). You'll see the manual sync button up top. It should autosync, but maybe it just temporarily confused.

Last edited:
Looking for a way to transfer to a new device as well. Tried syncing it and didnt work. The xero still shows all the sessions on it but nothing shows up on the new phone after connecting it
Sync the new device to the garmin xero, and disconnect. Shoot a small 3 shot session, and reconnect/sync the new device. All data should transfer over. I've had no issue running the Xero on two Android devices.

Last edited:
Sync the new device to the garmin xero, and disconnect. Shoot a small 3 shot session, and reconnect/sync the new device. All data should transfer over. I've had no issue running the Xero on two Android devices.
I wonder if just editing an existing session - like adding some notes - might trigger s re-sync?