Furlough again ...

We live in a country spending millions to study monkeys on meth, do you suppose the monkeys will be furloughed? When the government cares more about addicted monkeys than it's, seniors, veterans, Armed Forces, school kids, employees, and ordinary citizens, it's a sad day.

Studies like 'Monkey's on Meth' or 'Why do bird droppings ruin automotive paint' come about because there are people who make their living petitioning the gtovernment for grants. ie: Professional Grant Writers.

Thats all they do and they take a percentage of the grant as payment.

That stuff just goes to enforce my premise of how far the government has gotten away from 'we the people' to 'gimme has got you here'. Gimme this and gimme that and hell with everyone else.

One good thing about all this. Obama and his cabal have so much on their plate that the 'assualt weapons issue is on the back burner...for now. It will come up again and again until Obama is history. Depending on who the sheeple elect however, it may come up in the next Presidency, especially if Obama's caucasian clone gets elected.... Hillary Clinton.

That is one fugly thing.

Yep, they tossed my partner out that works as a Redhat CATEM instructor at Malmstrom too, on the plus side we're getting all sorts of work done on the ranch now lol Mind if I ask what part of the base you work on? My mother also worked there for quite awhile before they axed her contract in the name of saving money a few years back... If you couldn't tell that didn't help them much!

Not at all, I work under the Manpower and Personnel Flight.

In essence, my job is to quantify authorizations ( SPACES), not assigned (FACES) to achieve mission requirements and defend those resources to remain at base level. Unfortunately, it has been a losing battle when higher headquarters/upper echelons trumps us. We are mandated by the Presidential/Congressional mandate to conduct annual painful exercise(s) of cost cutting initiatives, as "they" see it fit. :(:(:(

I have a friend that works at CATM too.

Last edited:
Well hopefully they put everybody back to work again! I thought it was bad when they went to the Friday furloughs and put guys to a 4 day work week last month, but I guess it can always get worse. Good luck to you!

IMO, it is a non deal!

They have to be back to work by the 17th.
These days off will be chalked up to the sequester in next years budget so there will be no more lost time than the sequester cost them already...

edge.

Outta the loop today, been doing write ups on the trucks I checked yesterday and the day before, I really enjoy making employees unhappy (right..lol) It's a miserable job slapping pee-pee's.....but even more amazing that employees can't follow company and DOT policy.

So the Repukes caved in and Harry Reid got what he wanted, fully funded Obamacare? Thats a travesty in itself and it's also a travesty that Obamacare was conveniently shoe horned in with the budget.

Tell me it ain't true?????

Politicians are sly folks. Crooked too.

Just a little update from the private sector....

The company I work for is going to increase the employee paid portion of their health care package, 40% to cover anticipated increases in costs. They are self insured with Aetna as the administrator.

...and the underprivileged (aka: entitlement people get government subsidies to offset their cost of health care). What could be more fair. Gotta love it. I call that buying votes, nothing more and a whole lot less.

Additionally, under Obamacare (affordable health care...right), their employee paid premium will be added on to their yearly gross wage statement so they get to pay income tax on their health care premiums. What could be better.

The government MUST extract their 'Pound of flesh' at any cost.

I just can't wait to see where our Government Employees BCBS goes. I have a bad feeling the premium will increase substantially...whooopee.

We are doing 900 bucks a month now.

Maybe we should drop our health coverage and just pay the fine, Would be lots cheaper.

The whole thing stinks.

B*stards ripped us off twice!

So let me get this right:
The Government spends too much money so we try to cut it;
They shut it down which should save some dollars;
They give us less services AND pay Government workers for when they DON'T work!

Here is my plan.
We hired Ken Feinberg as the Special Master for 9/11 and the BP oil spill, how about hiring him again to see what non Government workers lost in pay and business!
Let's cut Government spending and reimburse those people!

How about that Mr. Speaker, Harry reid, and King Obama!
This is really making me feel like they did in the 1770's Taxation without representation!

These bums need to go!

edge.

These bums need to go!

Amen to that!

Mean time, my little helper and I accomplished more than all the hot air being generated at the Capitol Hill.

Not 100% in order yet but Thor approves it ...

cc3ea220-9456-4212-b027-f056a82acef3_zps4bff3347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pups always have sticks larger than they are it seems...............

I think what we need is a complete expungement of everyone in the Senate and House. Reid, Pelosi and Boner at the head of the list. Time for some new faces to start sucking the graft and corruption, the communicable disease that they all get.....

I find it udderly amazing they all still act like they are suckling the teat.....

The local rag stated tonite that the emphasis (house and senate) is more on the chance of default than compromise now....

..and Bernacke keeps the presses rolling......

Putin for President.....:D

You've become 'necessary personnel' or in private sector speak, someone don't know *** they are doing so you need to come back to straighten things out.....:)

Give Barak a hug for me..............:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.