Furlough again ...

Hell, you are already sequestered, whats another notch. Don't worry, won't happen. Berncake will keep ya afloat. Or should I say awash, awash in fiat currency.

It was a done deal by Reid. got the funding for Obamacare and delay of the debt crisis.

Resume normal aspirations and have a glass of sherry.

Cheers!:D

So tell me, how would you like to be a Detroit Municipal retiree and patiently wait for your pension to dry up.

Thats what living in America is all about today.

My wife and I are holding our breath concerning Obamacare and how it will impact our Government Blue Cross. I'm sure it won't be good, in fact, I know it won't.

Obummer 'found' 100 mil in unused revenue for Detroit, problem is, they need 2 Billion. 100 mil migtht eradicate 1/2 the abandoned buildings......

Unemployment is 30% plus and people sleep in cardboard boxes over the sewer covers by the RenCen.

Thats what living in America is all about today

I never go to Detroit without being armed. Desperate people do desperate things.

Thas what living in America is all about today

Lots of things need fixed in government and in life but we as American people tend to 'kick the can down the road' and ignore the obvious.

Sooner than later it's going to bite us in the *** and hard...

Thats what living is America is all about today.....

Too much truth in one thread, we're getting hosed from all directions. Some more than others, and I pray you all find the easiest path through it.

Cracks me up. All of America has been getting furloughs as long as I can remember. "We're not busy. Go Home!" Every 17 year old manager at a fast food joint understands that when the money isn't walking through the door, you can't afford to keep people around. Gov. employees (which is more people then you think) only recently have had to deal with this and their like deer in the headlights. Here's some useful advice. If you don't have enough money, go get some more. Be forewarned though. Private industry will not put up with the crap the Gov. puts up with.

Actually, the US Government is the nations largest employer. The only 'industry' that produces no tangible product and don't have to operate like a normal business because when a normal business runs in the red, they go tits up. The government business just allocates more funding.

It's a viscious circle.

One that everyone pays for even the government employees because, as consumers they get the rewards of inflation and a devalued dollar.

'We the people, for the people' went out of style long ago.

The spillover also makes more folks government employees than we like to admit. I work for a hospital, and maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of revenues are from taxpayers/government. Lots of private companies selling product, purchased by the taxpayer. Our Air base here has funneled money into the community in a lot of ways. Given subsidies etc. most of us have a direct stake in how this budget plays out. There are plenty of folks underachieving in the "private" sector. If your private sector work ethic gets low enough, heck they'll send you a check for that too.

I gave up long ago, trying to ascertain how the government can exist on a promise. Thats all our currency is, a promise. Fractional Reserve Banking ruined this country long ago. We are now approaching the point where it's time to pay the grim reaper.

You can't keep printing increasingly worthless currency, well you can but at some point, you'll get hyper inflation and no one will be worth squat and that includes the 'rich' people too.

A good example is that 1000 dollar scope that 35 years ago would have cost 150 bucks. It's still only worth 150 bucks sadly.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.