Latest in furlough ...

FEENIX

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]We got the message this week that the furlough days are being cut from 11 to 6 days.

I hope that others in furlough also get the same good news.

Cheers!
[/FONT]

I know this sucks guys, but look at it from the rest of the country's stand point and remember is all just a big game the dems are playing with your lives. I am glad to see your days got cut down, as I know all to well what not having work is like. I know it hurts bad especially for you Fenix, as I served 10 years and you have a lot more plus your civilian job so you have never know any different.

In my current line of work, I swore an oath to work as hard as I could every day without question, essentially working myself out of a job every time, but that's the deal I made. Three years ago work got bad, I had been off for 4 months, there was no work on the horizon so I decided good time to use the GI bill and find another line of work.

Jon

I'm a state worker here in Nevada. We are in our 3rd biennium of furloughs. The first was two years of 12 days a year. The 2nd and 3rd bienniums are two years of 6 days per year. The current biennium ends in June of 2015.

We've also had frozen salaries and suspended hiring.

Looks like things are starting to turn, hope it continues.

I feel for you guys. That truly sucks. I only make money when I work, no sick days, no leave, no benefits other than those I get for myself - so I understand how debilitating those furlough days are. Better times ahead we hope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts