Frustrated with new 28 Nosler

I've shot my best groups with fierce rifles. However I bought most of my fierce several years ago, from what I've seen something has changed in the last couple years. I've got fury's, edge's and CT edge's and they all shoot 1/4 MOA of better and three of em with Hornady ELD-X's. I did have stacking Problems but talked to fierce and as per conversation I slacked the action screws, inspected for debris, wiped it clean and re-torqued it to 65-inch/lbs front and 35 inch/lbs back and got ectly what I wanted. I don't know what I did to correct the problem but it went away and never came back. Good luck
(
I've shot my best groups with fierce rifles. However I bought most of my fierce several years ago, from what I've seen something has changed in the last couple years. I've got fury's, edge's and CT edge's and they all shoot 1/4 MOA of better and three of em with Hornady ELD-X's. I did have stacking Problems but talked to fierce and as per conversation I slacked the action screws, inspected for debris, wiped it clean and re-torqued it to 65-inch/lbs front and 35 inch/lbs back and got exactly what I wanted. I don't know what I did to correct the problem but it went away and never came back. Good luck
That's an interesting comment about Fierce's stock torque recommendation.
Were you at those in/lb settings beforehand B-LOT?

I'm betting mounting system. I ran in to a strange batch of Talleys years ago. The countersink wasn't big enough to fully accommodate the cap screw. They bound in the holes and gave false torque readings. Beat up a nice Swarovski to figure that out.

I've shot my best groups with fierce rifles. However I bought most of my fierce several years ago, from what I've seen something has changed in the last couple years. I've got fury's, edge's and CT edge's and they all shoot 1/4 MOA of better and three of em with Hornady ELD-X's. I did have stacking Problems but talked to fierce and as per conversation I slacked the action screws, inspected for debris, wiped it clean and re-torqued it to 65-inch/lbs front and 35 inch/lbs back and got exactly what I wanted. I don't know what I did to correct the problem but it went away and never came back. Good luck
I don't have any experience with fierce. I assume the stock has an aluminum bedding block. Are their actions fully glass/epoxy bedded into the the stock or maybe just the lug itself bedded?

I own a Fierce 28 Nosler here is what I have learned using the rifle and speaking directly with the armorer. You rifle should have come with a target and a factory ammo recommendation. Mine is Nosler 160 grn accubond. This load shoots cloverleafs all the time regardless of environmental conditions. In trying to make a handload to match this performance I have yet to be successful. But the following applies the rifle likes a larger jump to the lands .050 thous, it prefers accubond style bullets versus the accubond long range or similar. As far as powder i agree with the previous postings Reloader 33 dirtied the rifle the most and H100 the least with Retumbo somewhere in the middle. Once your rifle has had a few rounds through it it should clean very easily. My rifle has never shot a vertical group during load development as suggested check the scope and i suggest using a sled to reduce human error.

180 ELDM & 195 EOL, but that don't matter now, I just decided this evening, to change out the barrel, for 27-28 incher.
I think that you will really like a 28" I don't Know what barrel you have in mind for it, but I believe 5r rifling may lessen chances of bullets coming apart due to a fast twist & high velocity combination. Good luck with your new barrel

I have Fierce rifles and when they don't shoot, it is because something is wrong. Personally I would investiguate step by step.
First shoot the load they provide. If you can shoot good groups with that, the problem is not the system but your reload. Stick to the same components.
Second, I don't know if you shoot from sand bags but if so, did you keep the sling studs on the rifle? That most likely will produce vertical stringing. Same about action screw torque but in my experience Fierce are not too sensitive about that.
Third, try a trusty scope. One of my fierce shot <.250moa during load development with a basic scope but high magnification and when I put a high-end scope for hunting, groups turns out to 1,25-1,5''. This hunting scope had to be repair! Check bases and rings.
Finally shooting technique. Should not produce vertical stringing but pay attention to all details. A light rifle is very sensitive, for exemple some will shoot better with light holding, others with firm holding.
Good luck

I brought a fierce carbon fury in 28 nosler about a year ago.
The 162gr eld-x precision hunter ammo was terrible in it. maybe a inch and a half at 100yds at best.
Im now running a hand load consisting of 195 bergers, retumbo, ADG brass and federal 215 match primers.
It shoots 1/2-3/4 moa all day long at 3030 fps which I'm happy with.
RL33 got me more velocity but i struggled a little with accuracy so settled on the retumbo

I did weight sort brass and bullets with a digital scale.

Bedding, I hope not, I can run a thick piece of paper all the way up the the recoil lug.
Have you had a chance to do anymore with your load work? Just checking to see if you have done any good with it. Looking a little closer at you original post. I think you were getting close to something good with your .050 seating depth. Start your ladder with that same seating depth and start increasing the charge by .3 grains. Your vertical dispersion should start shrinking and should eventually get more horizontal. When your group gets horizontal. You can drop down .1 or .2 grains and see what that group looks like. If you have saw a noticable improvement in group size but still not quite there yet, then start adjusting seating depth closer to the lands from .050 by .003 for testing. Or start from .050 and back away from the lands by .003 for testing. Don't give up. Keep tinkering & testing.

I brought a fierce carbon fury in 28 nosler about a year ago.
The 162gr eld-x precision hunter ammo was terrible in it. maybe a inch and a half at 100yds at best.
Im now running a hand load consisting of 195 bergers, retumbo, ADG brass and federal 215 match primers.
It shoots 1/2-3/4 moa all day long at 3030 fps which I'm happy with.
RL33 got me more velocity but i struggled a little with accuracy so settled on the retumbo
What is your OAL ? Fierce recommended 3.500" for miine with the Berger 168 VLDH...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.