Frustrated with new 28 Nosler

Could be any number of things. Check all the simple stuff first, action screws, scope mounting screws, bad scope maybe? Next thing is to do some actual load develolment. Cant just pick 1 bullet, 1 powder, and 1 charge and expect 1/2 MOA, it doesnt work like that... You may need to try 2 or 3 bullets and powders, as well as doing a ladder test, or 3 shot groups in .5g increments. After that's done, you can fine tune the seating depth. My 7-300 Win Mag prefers H1000 and RL26 with 180g ELDMs at 3000fps. And contrary to what most people are saying, it doesnt get that dirty that fast. I only clean my rifle every 100-150 rounds, or when it noticeably starts to open up, which takes a while. It still shoots 1/2 MOA with 100-150 rounds through it.

Last edited:
Could be any number of things. Check all the simple stuff first, action screws, scope mounting screws, bad scope maybe? Next thing is to do some actual load develolment. Cant just pick 1 bullet, 1 powder, and 1 charge and expect 1/2 MOA, it doesnt work like that... You may need to try 2 or 3 bullets and powders, as well as doing a ladder test, or 3 shot groups in .5g increments. After that's done, you can fine tune the seating depth. My 7-300 Win Mag prefers H1000 and RL26 with 180g ELDMs at 3000fps. And contrary to what most people are saying, it doesnt get that dirty that fast. I only clean my rifle every 100-150 rounds, or when it noticeably starts to open up, which takes a while. It still shoots 1/2 MOA with 100-150 rounds through it.
I usually clean mine after a day at the range, is that ok. And before i shoot at the range i shoot a cold shot then ill target shoot.

Every barrel is different on cleaning so you can't say every 100 or something for every gun.. Get a bore scope and you'll know when to clean it.. Or your groups will open up and tell you.. If people have your same gun then, proven loads usually work.. YOu can burn a barrel out of a 28 trying 4 different bullets and powder.. Pick what is proven and work with it..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.